The National - Cherry Tree Club

I am pretty confident that this one will win back everyone who was bummed with FTPOF. They get right down to business with Bryan drumming and twins guitar twinkling and Matt matting and stay there for an hour (minus Weird Goodbyes). The experimentation with softer textures and less obvious National textures is not present here.

I don’t think there were very many available. Mine says it’s a limited run of 1,000. The store description says it’s signed, so I think it’s got to be part of that run. I have one so I didn’t buy it, but am not at all surprised it sold out so fast.
Wait, are you saying the ones that were up for sale last night are signed? Cause if so, I’m even more thrilled I was able to get one! I don’t have anything signed by all the band. I just have Serpentine Prison signed by Matt.

Wait, are you saying the ones that were up for sale last night are signed? Cause if so, I’m even more thrilled I was able to get one! I don’t have anything signed by all the band. I just have Serpentine Prison signed by Matt.
Yes. The description says they are signed.
It said they were signed but potentially damaged jackets I think?
They are in a plain white jacket with a round sticker on it that is signed by the band. I will say, mine is slightly warped and there are some scuffs on the wax. There is a bad gauge in Weird Goodbyes Towards the last 1/4 of the song. It kept skipping and was almost unlistenable. After the first play through of the album, I gave both discs a more thorough cleaning (in my haste to listen, I just wiped it with enzyme spray and antI static brush before spinning) That seemed to work, and second play did not skip. My husband thought I must have picked up the tonearm to avoid it! It’s clearly visible, but a deep clean worked.
Yep, they were signed. I really think they are just leftovers from Homecoming tbh.
My thoughts too. I did go up to merch to see if there were any left at some point early Sat afternoon, and there was a single copy left. It’s one per person, so I didn’t buy it. But, they are numbered x/1000 so they prob held back a small amount for CT members.

Yeah, Sad Dads are normally asleep before midnight, The National.
yeah... I missed out on all of this as well. I don't think I would have bought the test pressing for $60 anyways. I grabbed the yellow which was $50~ shipped. That's rich enough for me. Don't need to double up on any vinyl pressings anymore.

yeah... I missed out on all of this as well. I don't think I would have bought the test pressing for $60 anyways. I grabbed the yellow which was $50~ shipped. That's rich enough for me. Don't need to double up on any vinyl pressings anymore.
I got the yellow even though I'm primarily just going to stream the album on Quboz. But completionists have to complete.

Yup. I'm in the car too often for that not to be the case. It's why I hate when there's no download code
there's a few websites I use to download mp3s of new releases, no torrents, direct downloads (if you want to know the sites shoot me a PM). I'll download mp3s of albums I see myself listening to often on the go. I only use Spotify on my laptop or work computer to see if I'll like something enough to add it to my collection.

Back