The National - Cherry Tree Club

I am on the Edgefield Promotions email list and I just got an email from them regarding tomorrow’s presale, sounds like the venue is doing their own presale as well.

Anyways, in the email it has a small write up on The National including this…
View attachment 165089

…I would like to meet the person who likes even one of the other bands listed there that is Unfamiliar with The National. Their musical taste would have to be microscopically narrow.
If you like…
Lyricism (Fleet Foxes), Production (The War On Drugs), well dressed frontman (Father John Misty), and 5 cuties on stage (Death Cab) !?!? lol

If you like Sad Dad Music, I think you'll dig The National's vibe.
Who is this is for? Is there a person who likes War on Drugs and/or Fleet Foxes who is unfamiliar with The National? I want to meet this person. Are there a lot of Father John Misty fans that have never heard a National song? I get that maybe some folks might like Death Cab and not care for The National but surely they’ve tested those waters by now.

Who is this is for? Is there a person who likes War on Drugs and/or Fleet Foxes who is unfamiliar with The National? I want to meet this person. Are there a lot of Father John Misty fans that have never heard a National song? I get that maybe some folks might like Death Cab and not care for The National but surely they’ve tested those waters by now.
This isn’t what we want to hear but the more I think about it…

That RIYL might be for young people who aren’t 40. Lol. And who are hearing these old bands for the first time now.

Does the venue have seating? The 3 shows out here typically do not, they are more like open parks than amphitheaters. (though @hatfieldpdx did state that they now do some limited assigned seating at Edgefield)
Good news – by the looks of the Edgefield website, both shows appear to be general admission. Hopefully, they realized that the experience was greatly diminished for most folks.

This isn’t what we want to hear but the more I think about it…

That RIYL might be for young people who aren’t 40. Lol. And who are hearing these old bands for the first time now.
I suppose you’re right though, I would imagine if they’re streaming one of those artists on Spotify, it wouldn’t take too long for The National to show up in their algorithm.

Good news – by the looks of the Edgefield website, both shows appear to be general admission. Hopefully, they realized that the experience was greatly diminished for most folks.

I wish it wasn't because I want more benefit for my membership but I could really care less. I think it would be awesome if cherry tree got in 30min to an hour early to get their merch and a better spot but I'm being greedy

Back