The National - Cherry Tree Club

Same and $50 is still worth it for me. It will happen when it happens I have plenty of albums to spin in the mean time.
yup the album itself will be worth the $50, knowing how much they go for on Discogs, plus the goodies are a bonus. It'll come when it comes, but it's just annoying that it takes so long. My leash wouldn't be so long if I didn't like them so much.

yup the album itself will be worth the $50, knowing how much they go for on Discogs, plus the goodies are a bonus. It'll come when it comes, but it's just annoying that it takes so long. My leash wouldn't be so long if I didn't like them so much.
The price of membership is more than worth the vinyl alone. The stickers etc are cute, but honestly, I don't care much about them. I did really like the setlist book - haven't yet filled it in - but that's because it doesn't have enough pages for my attended shows.

Past year's vinyl gifts have been amazing - last year's especially as I was at that Stubb's Austin show. I did score presale tix for shows I wanted this year, sadly had to skip a couple of them for personal reasons and eat the money, but I saw them at The Cap in Port Chester, NY, which is just 2 miles or so from where I was born and raised.

I have no complaints, and will happily renew in April when my membership expires. I do expect next year will be a better year for members of CT. New album coming, definitely more shows, and hopefully Homecoming 2.0.

The price of membership is more than worth the vinyl alone. The stickers etc are cute, but honestly, I don't care much about them. I did really like the setlist book - haven't yet filled it in - but that's because it doesn't have enough pages for my attended shows.

Past year's vinyl gifts have been amazing - last year's especially as I was at that Stubb's Austin show. I did score presale tix for shows I wanted this year, sadly had to skip a couple of them for personal reasons and eat the money, but I saw them at The Cap in Port Chester, NY, which is just 2 miles or so from where I was born and raised.

I have no complaints, and will happily renew in April when my membership expires. I do expect next year will be a better year for members of CT. New album coming, definitely more shows, and hopefully Homecoming 2.0.
Absolutely, other than they are a year behind on delivering vinyl, I have no complaints. I expect them to raise the price of Cherry Tree at some point soon to be honest.

Absolutely, other than they are a year behind on delivering vinyl, I have no complaints. I expect them to raise the price of Cherry Tree at some point soon to be honest.
I got to go to a soundcheck in St. Augustine thanks to Cherry Tree. That was before the club really took off in membership, and it prob could never happen now, or at least not in populous metro areas, but damn, that was pretty freaking special.

1670541682389.png

Email from Cherry Tree today:
We’re so sorry for the delay. These vinyl setbacks have been equally as frustrating for us, we can assure you. Luckily, Volume 4 is complete and currently on its way to our warehouse. We will be shipping in the next couple weeks. Keep an eye out for another email from us soon regarding verification of your shipping address. If you have any other questions in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

I also like the fact that there are CT only poster variants. I knew I wanted the Port Chester print, but had no interest in holding on to it during the show, so I logged in at 10am the next morning, purchased it, then left my house and drove to Harrisburg 😁

Of course, I have far too many posters sitting in a profolio waiting to be framed, but that's beside the point. :LOL: But, The Capitol Theatre one is up on my wall.

I also like the fact that there are CT only poster variants. I knew I wanted the Port Chester print, but had no interest in holding on to it during the show, so I logged in at 10am the next morning, purchased it, then left my house and drove to Harrisburg 😁

Of course, I have far too many posters sitting in a profolio waiting to be framed, but that's beside the point. :LOL: But, The Capitol Theatre one is up on my wall.
this is true! when I saw them in Portland in 2019 the line for the merch was INSANE. It was also wet and rainy and I didn't want to hold a poster and have it get all rumpled up or wet. Went on CT the next day and got a CT only variant of it which I liked even more than the one at the show. When they came to Vermont this last summer I was so disappointed how poor the design was for the poster that I didn't get either one. The National have had some excellent posters over the years, this one looked like it was for a jam band or something you'd see in a dorm room on the wall. It just didn't fit the vibes for the National IMO.

this is true! when I saw them in Portland in 2019 the line for the merch was INSANE. It was also wet and rainy and I didn't want to hold a poster and have it get all rumpled up or wet. Went on CT the next day and got a CT only variant of it which I liked even more than the one at the show. When they came to Vermont this last summer I was so disappointed how poor the design was for the poster that I didn't get either one. The National have had some excellent posters over the years, this one looked like it was for a jam band or something you'd see in a dorm room on the wall. It just didn't fit the vibes for the National IMO.
I think my daughter bought the Shelburne print - that was the first show she traveled to and Matt stole her BF's phone and recorded her singing, but yes, I agree that it has that jam band feel to it. I met her and her BF in Portland a couple days later and I was expecting a gorgeous lighthouse print for that show. It had a lighthouse on it, but I was disappointed in the print. Again, I was in no mood to hold it through the show, so I ordered the CT variant the next morning, even though I was unimpressed with the color scheme.

The Pittsburgh print was, well, there's no nice way to put this, it is AWFUL. I know that it had something to do with Scott (my guess is maybe his kid drew it???) so I passed on it. The CT variant was a bit nicer because of its color scheme, but I don't like it enough to buy it, even when it was discounted over the black Friday weekend, and I would prob never actually frame and hang it.

1670788204810.png

I think my daughter bought the Shelburne print - that was the first show she traveled to and Matt stole her BF's phone and recorded her singing, but yes, I agree that it has that jam band feel to it. I met her and her BF in Portland a couple days later and I was expecting a gorgeous lighthouse print for that show. It had a lighthouse on it, but I was disappointed in the print. Again, I was in no mood to hold it through the show, so I ordered the CT variant the next morning, even though I was unimpressed with the color scheme.

The Pittsburgh print was, well, there's no nice way to put this, it is AWFUL. I know that it had something to do with Scott (my guess is maybe his kid drew it???) so I passed on it. The CT variant was a bit nicer because of its color scheme, but I don't like it enough to buy it, even when it was discounted over the black Friday weekend, and I would prob never actually frame and hang it.

View attachment 160886
Oh my god yikes 😬

The National always step up their poster game for Los Angeles. We have their 2018, 2019, and IAETF preview show posters up on our living room wall.

Back