The N&G Vineyard and Wine Bar

Hi there wine folk. I’ve started dipping into the wine world but am a little lost. Always been a beer guy but am getting a little burned on the craft world where only the $10 bottles are doing it for me. I figure for that price I may as well try wine. I like Pinot Noir and bought my first Rose today. I’m int the 10-15$ range and want to try better but I’m kinda nervous I won’t be able to taste the difference. Plus how do I know what to look for. Seems like the blurb on th bottles is all marketing speak. Then we get into countries, regions etc.
Help me pleeeeeaase,

There is no really bad french, spanish, italian or portuguese wine. Some are obviously better than other, and your mileage may vary according to your taste, of course.

In the current market, 2015, 2016 were great year for wines in France, 2017 a bit less so, and 2018 is supposed to be very good as well, but it's also a bit soon to tell for sure.

Also, most wine needs a bit of airing before revealing themselves to the fullest. If you plan on drinking the whole bottle in one go (with friends and/or family) it's alway a great idea to pour the wine into a decanter between 30mn and one hour before drinking it. It will help a lot in somes cases.

Also sorry, but I have less experience with north american wines, but I have tasted great south american wines, Chilean notably are great, Argentinians too, mostly malbecs.

Thanks for the replies guys, any info is helpful. I wish there was a light summer wine after cutting grass like with beer. I tried a rose but just wasn’t the same lol.

Thanks for the replies guys, any info is helpful. I wish there was a light summer wine after cutting grass like with beer. I tried a rose but just wasn’t the same lol.

Rosé is the devil. Some White wines could do the trick, but very good ones are expensive for a drink after cutting grass :D

Cold apple cider would be my go to hot summer drink. I know it's not wine but it works best for me. Sweet white wines will do the trick too.

I can’t abide anything apple flavor, so that’s out lol. I guess I’ll stick with beer for the patio. I haven’t really tried any white or sparkling wine though..

1610992078431.png

To the left of the license plate the bumper sticker reads "I'm Not Drinking Any"

Picked up this bottle of Wine for today.

Back