The N&G Vineyard and Wine Bar

Hi there wine folk. I’ve started dipping into the wine world but am a little lost. Always been a beer guy but am getting a little burned on the craft world where only the $10 bottles are doing it for me. I figure for that price I may as well try wine. I like Pinot Noir and bought my first Rose today. I’m int the 10-15$ range and want to try better but I’m kinda nervous I won’t be able to taste the difference. Plus how do I know what to look for. Seems like the blurb on th bottles is all marketing speak. Then we get into countries, regions etc.
Help me pleeeeeaase,

Hi there wine folk. I’ve started dipping into the wine world but am a little lost. Always been a beer guy but am getting a little burned on the craft world where only the $10 bottles are doing it for me. I figure for that price I may as well try wine. I like Pinot Noir and bought my first Rose today. I’m int the 10-15$ range and want to try better but I’m kinda nervous I won’t be able to taste the difference. Plus how do I know what to look for. Seems like the blurb on th bottles is all marketing speak. Then we get into countries, regions etc.
Help me pleeeeeaase,
I'm a beer guy all the way. Even homebrew my own stuff. But my dad doesn't like beer so I started out trying wine with him. There's no right answer to the taste. You either like or not. And it doesn't matter if it's expensive or cheap, if you like it you'll know right away. I've started going to wine fairs and trying out different varieties of wines and grapes from different places. I like Pinot Noir with cheeses and fruits and nuts. It has a sweet taste and the aftertaste isn't as harsh as a Cabernet or Syrah. I'd say try a bottle of Merlot or Carmenere. They're similar to Pinot but with slightly more body. That's also the thing, you'll read weird descriptions like full body and notes of plum and chocolate. Sometimes those descriptions match and others I cannot really tell. I guess it's similar to beers, just keep trying until you know what you like and stick to it.

Back