The N&G Top 500 Albums of All Time!!!

I continue to be struck by:

A) How the vast majority of these are post-1970's because I and my fellow brats worshiped classic rock as a teen. That said, a lot of the "classics" are bunched at the top and the 1 per artist rule plays a role as there would be like 3 or so albums each from Bowie, the Beatles, Talking Heads, Pink Floyd and the such.

B) How many of these are from the 00's because though I've long known the 90's is my favorite era, I've also viewed last decade and the 70's more favorably than the 00's (though perhaps that is because the decade isn't as top heavy in my eyes... once it hits my top 30 they thin out a bit).

Anyways....

60) David Crosby: If Only I Could Remember My Name (1971) Singer / Songwriter, Folk
Ificouldonly.jpg

59) Pharcyde: The Bizarre Ride II (1992) Hip-Hop
B1fcf-X6EES._SL1500_.jpg

58) The Mars Volta: Fraces the Mute (2005) Post-Rock, Post-Hardcore
Frances_the_Mute.png

57) Kaytranada:‭ ‬99.9% (2016) Electronic/Dance
ac919768.jpg

56) Metallica: The Black Album (1991) Metal
31PS7MIr-ZL._SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

55) Songs Ohia: Didn’t It Rain (2002) Indie Folk
092a07e0.jpg

54) Sublime: Sublime (1996) Alt Rock, Ska
Sublime_Self-Titled.jpg

53) Freddie Hubbard: Red Clay (1970) Jazz
R-533844-1598352570-5375.jpeg.jpg

52) Grizzly Bear: Horn of Plenty (2004) Indie Rock
2cb22f8b.jpg

51) Deafhaven: Ordinary Corrupt Human Love (2018) Post-Metal
A1TYXx3A-8L._SY355_.jpg

Last edited:
The summit.
5) Björk - Vespertine [electronic, art pop]
Björk - Vespertine - album cover

Vespertine is not only successful for its messages. The music is simply timeless. The more electronic elements of the album are outdone by harps, strings, a choir of children, and even a music box. The spiritual and emotional sincerity of the album are abetted by the sense of purity conveyed by a blanket of newly fallen snow. The post-coital cooing of "Cocoon" sounds shiver-induced, safe, and intimate, while plodding footsteps through snow comprise the opening microbeats (as Björk defines them) of "Aurora." The instrumental "Frosti" sounds as if it emanates from a snow globe. A triumph. A true art pop queen.

4) Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West [indie rock, post-hardcore]
Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West - album cover

Every song's instrumental characterizes an undesirable facet of working-class life, and this album projected its message far more clearly once I started working my first job out of college. There are few other albums that impart the horror of being alive and being subject to the 9 to 5 work life into music in the frustration and aggression being projected here. Its messages on consumerism, the decay of society and loneliness of an industrialized world, are limitless. "Bankrupt on Selling" tears me up sometimes thinking about its [school -> work -> death] message. Also, I have to say it:

"THIS PLANE IS DEFINITELY CRASHING!"
- Isaac Brock in "Shit Luck"​

3) Julia Holter - Loud City Song [art pop, ambient pop]
Julia Holter - Loud City Song - album cover

This album came to me at a perfect time in my life only ~3.5 years ago. It is singlehandedly responsible for my tastes to the present day. Julia creates atmosphere so serenely by interweaving the worlds/genres of: classical, ambient, jazz, spoken word, avantgarde, electronic, and art pop in her work to project a dreamlike experience. On Loud CitySong, she guides listeners through the environment of a busy city (with pockets of quiet) at night, while taking a select few tracks to enjoy the moments when they present themselves. A cover of Barbara Lewis’s “Hello Stranger” drifts in a daze of wonderment and longing; which reinvents the message of the classic Motown track entirely. The whimsical "This Is a True Heart" could soundtrack a peacefully foggy night with dim streetlights guiding one home. Ultimately, this is music that is reflective of loneliness, the kind of anxious loneliness one can only experience when surrounded by familiar acquaintances. It is no easy feat to capture feelings like this in music, but Holter succeeds on this remarkable record.

2) Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right to Children [IDM, ambient]
Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right to Children - album cover

From the opening synthesizer in "Wildfire Analysis," you are transported to a mysterious, alien world...it's akin to that of a foreign radio transmission. The electronics and production on display here seems impossible to believe it was conceived in the late 90s. There is an uncanny beauty about this album underpinned by a subtle feeling of something dark and foreboding lurking on the periphery of its crunching beats and jarring waves of ambient noise. It can capture your attention throughout just as easily as being a phenomenal background listen. The music overall is soothing and yet unnerving, and you lose yourself in it in a way that is almost hallucinatory. The music is not necessarily dark, but in a way meditative and gloomy, poetic and clever, with uplifting and bright edges throughout. Boards of Canada condensed the feeling of nostalgia and made it into audible form.

1) The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds [baroque pop, psychedelic pop]
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds - album cover

We've seen and heard all of the reasons why this album is timeless. Baroque pop perfected.

Last edited:
I should probably get my list tidied as well...

Chart50.png

RankingArtistAlbumRelease Year
1The Beach BoysPet Sounds1966
2Boards of CanadaMusic Has the Right to Children1998
3Julia HolterLoud City Song2013
4Modest MouseThe Lonesome Crowded West1997
5BjorkVespertine2001
6Kendrick LamarTo Pimp a Butterfly2015
7CanFuture Days1973
8Kate BushThe Dreaming1982
9Mr. BungleCalifornia1999
10GrimesVisions2012
11Smashing PumpkinsSiamese Dream1993
12D'AngeloVoodoo2000
13Danny BrownAtrocity Exhibition2016
14Aphex TwinSelected Ambient Works 85-921992
15MadonnaConfessions on a Dance Floor2005
16Angel OlsenMy Woman2016
17Joe HendersonThe Elements1974
18RadioheadIn Rainbows2007
19PortisheadDummy1994
202814新しい日の誕生 [Birth of a New Day]2015
21DeafheavenSunbather2013
22PJ HarveyStories From the City, Stories From the Sea2000
23Cocteau TwinsHeaven or Las Vegas1990
24Godspeed You! Black EmperorF#A# ∞1998
25Daft PunkDiscovery2001
26Tears For FearsSongs From the Big Chair1985
27John ColtraneMy Favorite Things1961
28Janelle MonaeThe Archandroid2010
29Bark PsychosisHex1994
30WilcoYankee Hotel Foxtrot2001
31MelvinsStoner Witch1994
32GrouperA I A: Alien Observer2011
33Herbie HancockHead Hunters1973
34Erykah BaduBaduizm1997
35Pink FloydAnimals1977
36KraftwerkThe Man Machine1978
37WeenQuebec2003
38NujabesModal Soul2005
39Between the Buried and MeColors2007
40Justin TimberlakeFuturesex/Lovesounds2006
41Jon HopkinsImmunity2013
42StereolabDots and Loops1997
43SwansTo Be Kind2014
44Animal CollectiveStrawberry Jam2007
45Hiroshi YoshimuraMusic for Nine Post Cards1982
46The BeatlesThe Beatles (White Album)1968
47WeezerPinkerton1996
48Bowery ElectricBeat1996
49FugaziRepeater1990
50Laurie SpiegelThe Expanding Universe1980

Time to wrap this up...
5. The Beatles - The Beatles (White Album)
I think this was the first "real" Beatles album I got, after the "Blue Album" compilation and Anthology 1. Sprawling, silly, weird, gentle, rocking, simple, complicated... there's really something for everybody here. Favorite underrated track: Cry Baby Cry, tucked away near the end of the album.

4. Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy
Zep was the first band I got obsessed with, and this album had a lot to do with that. I think I first heard it from my cousin's CD collection. As always, you're familiar with the ones that get played on the radio, but it's the other songs that truly open your eyes. This is also their brightest and sunniest record, notwithstanding the part about walking side-by-side with death in No Quarter.

3. My Morning Jacket - Z
The album (and band) that opened my eyes and ears to really hearing music again after some rough years and somewhat giving up on seeking and discovering new sounds. Got it from a friend in an mp3 swap, but didn't even listen to it for about another year after that. The guitars on "Lay Low" were the hook... I recall being immediately blown away in the middle of doing some yardwork, having to stop what I was doing and re-attach my jaw which had fallen on the floor. Once I finally saw them live a few years later, it was truly a life-changing event and I fell in love with the band.

2. Neil Young - Rust Never Sleeps
Neil was another early obsession for me, and this album is the best representation of his two primary styles (folky/acoustic and rocking/electric). Four of his all-time greatest songs are here: Pocahontas, Thrasher, Hey Hey, My My (take your pick of either the opening acoustic or closing electric version), and Powderfinger. Aside from the Decade compilation, this is the best album to convert any Neil skeptics into believers, IMO.

1. Radiohead - OK Computer
The masterpiece of my youth - released halfway through my high school years - blew my mind from the first time I ever caught a glimpse of the Paranoid Android video on MTV. Bought the CD the first opportunity I had after that. Every song is great, and the flows of emotional buildup and release throughout (often within one song!), but particularly in the final tracks, is an incredible journey. Radiohead is basically the most innovative and important band post-Nirvana/grunge, and this is where they staked that claim.

Time to wrap this up...
5. The Beatles - The Beatles (White Album)
I think this was the first "real" Beatles album I got, after the "Blue Album" compilation and Anthology 1. Sprawling, silly, weird, gentle, rocking, simple, complicated... there's really something for everybody here. Favorite underrated track: Cry Baby Cry, tucked away near the end of the album.

4. Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy
Zep was the first band I got obsessed with, and this album had a lot to do with that. I think I first heard it from my cousin's CD collection. As always, you're familiar with the ones that get played on the radio, but it's the other songs that truly open your eyes. This is also their brightest and sunniest record, notwithstanding the part about walking side-by-side with death in No Quarter.

3. My Morning Jacket - Z
The album (and band) that opened my eyes and ears to really hearing music again after some rough years and somewhat giving up on seeking and discovering new sounds. Got it from a friend in an mp3 swap, but didn't even listen to it for about another year after that. The guitars on "Lay Low" were the hook... I recall being immediately blown away in the middle of doing some yardwork, having to stop what I was doing and re-attach my jaw which had fallen on the floor. Once I finally saw them live a few years later, it was truly a life-changing event and I fell in love with the band.

2. Neil Young - Rust Never Sleeps
Neil was another early obsession for me, and this album is the best representation of his two primary styles (folky/acoustic and rocking/electric). Four of his all-time greatest songs are here: Pocahontas, Thrasher, Hey Hey, My My (take your pick of either the opening acoustic or closing electric version), and Powderfinger. Aside from the Decade compilation, this is the best album to convert any Neil skeptics into believers, IMO.

The masterpiece of my youth - released halfway through my high school years - blew my mind from the first time I ever caught a glimpse of the Paranoid Android video on MTV. Bought the CD the first opportunity I had after that. Every song is great, and the flows of emotional buildup and release throughout (often within one song!), but particularly in the final tracks, is an incredible journey. Radiohead is basically the most innovative and important band post-Nirvana/grunge, and this is where they staked that claim.
It changes all the time but I think "Thrasher" is my favourite Neil song.

I have also been slacking. Here's a smattering of albums that I wanted to put in my top 50 list, but I haven't spent enough time with them to actually rank them yet. Like I've listened to them enough to know that I really like them, but not enough to know where they belong in my top 50:

• "Somethin' Else" Cannonball Adderley
  • "The Cole Porter Songbook" Ella Fitzgerald
  • "Moanin'" Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
  • "Empire Builder" Laura Gibson
  • "Another Side of Bob Dylan" Bob Dylan
  • "The Velvet Underground" The Velvet Underground
  • "Songs in the Key of Life" Stevie Wonder
  • "Giant Steps" John Coltrane
  • "Sticky Fingers" The Rolling Stones
  • "Maggot Brain" Funkadelic
  • "Pastel Blues" Nina Simone
  • "Let It Come Down" Nina Simone Spiritualized
EDIT: corrected typo

images
images
images
GIBSON, LAURA - Empire Builder - Amazon.com Music
images
The Velvet Underground (album) - WikipediaStevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life - Amazon.com MusicJohn Coltrane - Giant Steps - Amazon.com Music
images
FUNKADELIC - Maggot Brain (180 gram vinyl) - Amazon.com Music
images
Let It Come Down (Spiritualized album) - Wikipedia

Last edited:
I should probably get my list tidied as well...

RankingArtistAlbumRelease Year
1The Beach BoysPet Sounds1966
2Boards of CanadaMusic Has the Right to Children1998
3Julia HolterLoud City Song2013
4Modest MouseThe Lonesome Crowded West1997
5BjorkVespertine2001
6Kendrick LamarTo Pimp a Butterfly2015
7CanFuture Days1973
8Kate BushThe Dreaming1982
9Mr. BungleCalifornia1999
10GrimesVisions2012
11Smashing PumpkinsSiamese Dream1993
12D'AngeloVoodoo2000
13Danny BrownAtrocity Exhibition2016
14Aphex TwinSelected Ambient Works 85-921992
15MadonnaConfessions on a Dance Floor2005
16Angel OlsenMy Woman2016
17Joe HendersonThe Elements1974
18RadioheadIn Rainbows2007
19PortisheadDummy1994
202814新しい日の誕生 [Birth of a New Day]2015
21DeafheavenSunbather2013
22PJ HarveyStories From the City, Stories From the Sea2000
23Cocteau TwinsHeaven or Las Vegas1990
24Godspeed You! Black EmperorF#A# ∞1998
25Daft PunkDiscovery2001
26Tears For FearsSongs From the Big Chair1985
27John ColtraneMy Favorite Things1961
28Janelle MonaeThe Archandroid2010
29Bark PsychosisHex1994
30WilcoYankee Hotel Foxtrot2001
31MelvinsStoner Witch1994
32GrouperA I A: Alien Observer2011
33Herbie HancockHead Hunters1973
34Erykah BaduBaduizm1997
35Pink FloydAnimals1977
36KraftwerkThe Man Machine1978
37WeenQuebec2003
38NujabesModal Soul2005
39Between the Buried and MeColors2007
40Justin TimberlakeFuturesex/Lovesounds2006
41Jon HopkinsImmunity2013
42StereolabDots and Loops1997
43SwansTo Be Kind2014
44Animal CollectiveStrawberry Jam2007
45Hiroshi YoshimuraMusic for Nine Post Cards1982
46The BeatlesThe Beatles (White Album)1968
47WeezerPinkerton1996
48Bowery ElectricBeat1996
49FugaziRepeater1990
50Laurie SpiegelThe Expanding Universe1980

How'd you do that chart? I was planning on laying mine out and actually taking pictures, but that seems way more time consuming than what you did here?

Last edited:
Because @GritNGlitter asked so nicely a few weeks back, here is my list in full!

2. The Beatles
3. Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
4. Joni Mitchell - Blue
5. David Bowie - Station to Station
6. Oasis - Definitely Maybe
7. The Beatles - Abbey Road
8. Radiohead - In Rainbows
9. David Bowie - Hunky Dory
10. The Smiths - "Strangeways, Here We Come"
11. The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
12. Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
13. The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
14. Marvin Gaye - Whats Going On?
15. Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
16. The Kinks - The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society
17. Blur - Modern Life Is Rubbish
18. The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street
19. The Clash - London Calling
20. PJ Harvey - Dry
21. David Bowie - Low
22. The Beatles - Rubber Soul
23. Bob Dylan - Desire
24. Björk - Homogenic
25. Led Zeppelin - III
26. Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska
27. Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible
28. The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet
29. The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour
30. Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory?
31. Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home
32. Radiohead - Kid A
33. Joni Mitchell - Court And Spark
34. Aretha Franklin - Aretha Now
35. LCD Soundsystem - Sounds Of Silver
36. Spiritualized - Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space
37. Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
38. PJ Harvey - Is This Desire?
39. Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
40. David Bowie - The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars
41. George Harrison - All Things Must Pass
42. Bruce Springsteen - The River
43. Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
44. The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
45. Tom Waits - Closing Time
46. Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go
47. Radiohead - The Bends
48. Van Morrison - St. Dominic's Preview
49. Jeff Buckley - Grace
50. Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever

Last edited:
Finishing it out...my top ten

10. R.E.M. - New Adventures in Hi-Fi
9. The Clash - London Calling
8. Tom Petty - Wildflowers
7. Joy Division - Closer
6. Radiohead- In Rainbows
5. Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
4. The Beatles - The Beatles (White Album)
3. The Rolling Stones - Let it Bleed
2. The Cure - Disintegration
1. Tom Waits - Bone Machine

Phew, I still have a big ugly spreadsheet to filter through. This won't be as deep as I would have liked but it's been fun

Edit: As an aside, I think just listing out what I generally listen to a lot of has revealed a lot of my musical biases...namely it's way too white for its own good. I don't know how much I could really "fix" that for this list but it should inform future listening patterns given how many happened to just fall out of the Top 50.

Edit2: Going back through the thread made me realize a grievous omission and I'm quite amused at some of the comments for so many reasons. A lot of people are definitely putting a lot more time into this and there's a ton of good lists (it got me to stream Beach House - 7 and now I apparently like Beach House) than I did and I feel a bit bad but I will submit something anyway.

Last edited:
Ok, voting is supposed to be done tomorrow, but since I'm only about half way through adding everything up I'm going to extend that deadline til Sunday (12/6)
I gotta be honest, PIFsgiving put this way on the back burner.
The extra days will make it so I can actually get a thoughtful submission together.

Well this was fun, in a masochistic sort of way.

50 (1pt)Do Make Say ThinkYou, You're a History in Rust
49Boards of CanadaThe Campfire Headphase
48Sufjan StevensIllinois
47Death Cab For CutieTransatlanticism
46Deltron 3030Deltron 3030
45My Chemical RomanceThree Cheers for Sweet Revenge
44The Blood BrothersBurn Piano Island Burn
43OutkastSouthernplayalistic
42Curtis MayfieldCurtis
41MadvillainMadvillainy
40DFA1979You're A Woman I'm a Machine
39RefusedShape of Punk to Come
38WeezerThe Blue Album
37Marvin GayeWhat's Going On
36Queens of the Stone AgeRated R
35The BeatlesSgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
34Bloc PartySilent Alarm
33Sigur RosTakk
32At The Drive-InRelationship of Command
31NasIllmatic
30Motion City SoundtrackCommit This To Memory
29miloso the flies don't come
28BADBADNOTGOODIV
27BonoboDays To Come
26Wu Tang ClanEnter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
25KhruangbinThe Universe Smiles Upon You
24Elliott SmithXO
23MoneenAre We Really Happy?
22The WeakerthansReconstruction Site
21Courtney BarnettSometimes I Sit and Think, Sometimes I Just Sit
20why?Alopecia
19Black StarMos Def & Talib Kweli are...
18The Dismemberment PlanEmergency & I
17The FugeesThe Score
16RadioheadIn Rainbows
15Explosions in the SkyThe Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place
14NujabesMetaphorical Music
13Gang StarrMoment of Truth
12Brand NewThe Devil & God Are Raging Inside Me
11Kendrick LamarTo Pimp a Butterfly
10Stevie WonderSongs in the Key of Life
9Modest MouseGood News For People Who Love Bad News
8A Tribe Called QuestPeople's Instinctive Travels
7Miles DavisKind of Blue
6The Notorious B.I.G.Ready To Die
5WilcoYankee Hotel Foxtrot
4Broken Social SceneYou Forgot It In People
3Frightened RabbitThe Midnight Organ Fight
2The Blood BrothersCrimes
1 (50pts)The WeakerthansLeft and Leaving

Well this was fun, in a masochistic sort of way.

50 (1pt)Do Make Say ThinkYou, You're a History in Rust
49Boards of CanadaThe Campfire Headphase
48Sufjan StevensIllinois
47Death Cab For CutieTransatlanticism
46Deltron 3030Deltron 3030
45My Chemical RomanceThree Cheers for Sweet Revenge
44The Blood BrothersBurn Piano Island Burn
43OutkastSouthernplayalistic
42Curtis MayfieldCurtis
41MadvillainMadvillainy
40DFA1979You're A Woman I'm a Machine
39RefusedShape of Punk to Come
38WeezerThe Blue Album
37Marvin GayeWhat's Going On
36Queens of the Stone AgeRated R
35The BeatlesSgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
34Bloc PartySilent Alarm
33Sigur RosTakk
32At The Drive-InRelationship of Command
31NasIllmatic
30Motion City SoundtrackCommit This To Memory
29miloso the flies don't come
28BADBADNOTGOODIV
27BonoboDays To Come
26Wu Tang ClanEnter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
25KhruangbinThe Universe Smiles Upon You
24Elliott SmithXO
23MoneenAre We Really Happy?
22The WeakerthansReconstruction Site
21Courtney BarnettSometimes I Sit and Think, Sometimes I Just Sit
20why?Alopecia
19Black StarMos Def & Talib Kweli are...
18The Dismemberment PlanEmergency & I
17The FugeesThe Score
16RadioheadIn Rainbows
15Explosions in the SkyThe Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place
14NujabesMetaphorical Music
13Gang StarrMoment of Truth
12Brand NewThe Devil & God Are Raging Inside Me
11Kendrick LamarTo Pimp a Butterfly
10Stevie WonderSongs in the Key of Life
9Modest MouseGood News For People Who Love Bad News
8A Tribe Called QuestPeople's Instinctive Travels
7Miles DavisKind of Blue
6The Notorious B.I.G.Ready To Die
5WilcoYankee Hotel Foxtrot
4Broken Social SceneYou Forgot It In People
3Frightened RabbitThe Midnight Organ Fight
2The Blood BrothersCrimes
1 (50pts)The WeakerthansLeft and Leaving
A lot of excellent CanCon on this list. Was not expecting Moneen to show up.

1. What’s Going On? - Marvin Gaye
  1. The Phosphorescent Blues - Punch Brothers
  2. Abbey Road - The Beatles
  3. Otis Blue - Otis Redding
  4. Dusty In Memphis - Dusty Springfield
  5. Blood on the Tracks - Bob Dylan
  6. This Year’s Model - Elvis Costello and the Attractions
  7. Angel Dust - Faith No More
  8. Everybody Knows This is Nowhere - Neil Young & Crazy Horse
  9. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
  10. Will The Cirlcle Be Unbroken - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
  11. The Downward Spiral - Nine Inch Nails
  12. Hunky Dory - David Bowie
  13. Love Symbol - Prince
  14. Songs in the Key of Life - Stevie Wonder
  15. Endtroducing... - DJ Shadow
  16. Rabies - Skinny Puppy
  17. Anodyne - Uncle Tupelo
  18. Omoiyari - Kishi Bashi
  19. Honky Tonk Heroes - Waylon Jennings
  20. Stakes is High - De La Soul
  21. Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
  22. Being There - Wilco
  23. Live ‘93 - The Orb
  24. Kristofferson - Kris Kristofferson
  25. Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star
  26. Mode for Joe - Joe Henderson
  27. Aretha Now - Aretha Franklin
  28. Heavy Rhyme Experience Vol. 1 - The Brand New Heavies
  29. Red Headed Stranger - Willie Nelson
  30. The Bends - Radiohead
  31. Very - Pet Shop Boys
  32. The Sidewinder - Lee Morgan
  33. Blue - Joni Mitchell
  34. One Day It’ll All Make Sense - Common
  35. A Sailor’s Guide to Earth - Sturgill Simpson
  36. Delusions of Grandeur - The Hardkiss Brothers
  37. Voodoo - D’Angelo
  38. Things Fall Apart - The Roots
  39. Ill Communication - Beastie Boys
  40. The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion - The Black Crowes
  41. So - Peter Gabriel
  42. Changes - Neal Francis
  43. Low End Theory - A Tribe Called Quest
  44. Mama’s Gun - Erykah Badu
  45. In Utero - Nirvana
  46. There’s a Riot Goin’ On - Sly & the Family Stone
  47. Fugazi (7 songs) - Fugazi
  48. Songs for the Deaf - Queens of the Stone Age
  49. Harmony of Difference - Kamasi Washington[/spolier]

1. What’s Going On? - Marvin Gaye
  2. The Phosphorescent Blues - Punch Brothers
  3. Abbey Road - The Beatles
  4. Otis Blue - Otis Redding
  5. Dusty In Memphis - Dusty Springfield
  6. Blood on the Tracks - Bob Dylan
  7. This Year’s Model - Elvis Costello and the Attractions
  8. Angel Dust - Faith No More
  9. Everybody Knows This is Nowhere - Neil Young & Crazy Horse
  10. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
  11. Will The Cirlcle Be Unbroken - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
  12. The Downward Spiral - Nine Inch Nails
  13. Hunky Dory - David Bowie
  14. Love Symbol - Prince
  15. Songs in the Key of Life - Stevie Wonder
  16. Endtroducing... - DJ Shadow
  17. Rabies - Skinny Puppy
  18. Anodyne - Uncle Tupelo
  19. Omoiyari - Kishi Bashi
  20. Honky Tonk Heroes - Waylon Jennings
  21. Stakes is High - De La Soul
  22. Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
  23. Being There - Wilco
  24. Live ‘93 - The Orb
  25. Kristofferson - Kris Kristofferson
  26. Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star
  27. Mode for Joe - Joe Henderson
  28. Aretha Now - Aretha Franklin
  29. Heavy Rhyme Experience Vol. 1 - The Brand New Heavies
  30. Red Headed Stranger - Willie Nelson
  31. The Bends - Radiohead
  32. Very - Pet Shop Boys
  33. The Sidewinder - Lee Morgan
  34. Blue - Joni Mitchell
  35. One Day It’ll All Make Sense - Common
  36. A Sailor’s Guide to Earth - Sturgill Simpson
  37. Delusions of Grandeur - The Hardkiss Brothers
  38. Voodoo - D’Angelo
  39. Things Fall Apart - The Roots
  40. Ill Communication - Beastie Boys
  41. The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion - The Black Crowes
  42. So - Peter Gabriel
  43. Changes - Neal Francis
  44. Low End Theory - A Tribe Called Quest
  45. Mama’s Gun - Erykah Badu
  46. In Utero - Nirvana
  47. There’s a Riot Goin’ On - Sly & the Family Stone
  48. Fugazi (7 songs) - Fugazi
  49. Songs for the Deaf - Queens of the Stone Age
  50. Harmony of Difference - Kamasi Washington[/spolier]
I’m not trying to figure out the damn cut an paste thing. Shift 1 after.

Back