The N&G Science Discussion Thread

An interesting konform Text about so

I always forget there's a science thread. I just finished examining a patent on using gene-editing CRISPR technology to treat sickle-cell anemia. The crazy thing is there was already a ton of prior art on this. It's nice to see the future potential of these technologies, but I wonder when gene-editing like this would ever get approved in real patients. I guess it'll start with cells that are removed from the body and then re-implanted, probably with blood cells like in SCD to begin with. But it never ceases to amaze me how close yet how far we are from some really crazy therapies. This is more or less the sci-fi fodder we've been seeing for years.

I wonder if this could actually work.

Geoengineering obviously has a ton of risks and problems, but knowing humans and modern governments/capitalism, I think it's probably our most likely way to mitigate some of the effects climate change at this point.

Basic take away is the collapse could happen as early as 2025 and no later than 2095.

When the collapse happens it would mean much stronger hurricane hitting the east coast of the US and potentially an ice age for Europe where the temperature will drop by 30 degrees on average.

Back