The Mind is a Terrible Thing, and Linger Fickin' Good: THE INDUSTRIAL THREAD

can't stand Code Orange. Remove them, and put Uniform. Then this list would be PERFECT.

edit: okay and just maybe, the inclusion of ebm and dancier albums means that they are missing early Meat Beat Manifesto from the list.

Last edited:
definitely some stuff that is GOOD but not really INDUSTRIAL. Swans is so heavy, but not really Industrial.

Also, industrial became a broad description for many styles of music that in some cases are just dark disco.

try Sink Manhattan

add in Nurse With Wound, Whitehouse, and others that are more noise/sounds made by non-instruments

I liked Die Krupps a lot. This week, it is 3Teeth. It was okay, a little Marilyn Mansony at times, which I guess makes sense given Sean Beaven's involvement. I don't know that I'll spend the whole week with it.

So, I've made my way down to Death Magic by HEALTH on this list and this is not industrial music. Like I'm not sure what it is Heavy Pop? I don't know but it ain't industrial.

Wait, let me get this straight. People listen to Einsturzende Neubauten for fun? Like as recreation. Not as part of some like sound torture therapy. Not because they need to have an appropriate soundtrack for a murder dungeon? Like this music is seriously giving me anxiety.

I remember in like first grade a song came over the radio and scared the bejeebus out of me and the only reason that I am pretty sure it wasn't Kollaps is because that would have meant it had come from the future.

Wait, let me get this straight. People listen to Einsturzende Neubauten for fun? Like as recreation. Not as part of some like sound torture therapy. Not because they need to have an appropriate soundtrack for a murder dungeon? Like this music is seriously giving me anxiety.

I remember in like first grade a song came over the radio and scared the bejeebus out of me and the only reason that I am pretty sure it wasn't Kollaps is because that would have meant it had come from the future.
Check out the video for "sabrina" from "silence is sexy"

This may have been discussed when I posted the list, but how is Filter industrial? I actually like the album, but I don't get it. Sounds like Incubus or something. Like a dancey metal.

This may have been discussed when I posted the list, but how is Filter industrial? I actually like the album, but I don't get it. Sounds like Incubus or something. Like a dancey metal.
it's dancy industrial rock and they stem from NIN (richard patrick being one of NIN's early guitarists), which NIN itself gets "how is this industrial" critiques from the old guard.

I personally would call them something closer to pop industrial or industrial rock; some of their stuff isn't industrial at all ("take a picture" is a great song, but industrial is not what I'd call it,) although their early stuff -- particularly check out the demos on their early single b-sides -- are much more in line with older industrial.

Back