The Mind is a Terrible Thing, and Linger Fickin' Good: THE INDUSTRIAL THREAD

TrainFan73

Frothy
I'll think of a better name later.

Yes, this was sparked by Consequence's Industrial week, bite me.

Check this weird at times list:

(How is Pretty Hate better than Downward Spiral?, Where is Rabies? WHITE ZOMBIE, really? Is Psalm 69 really that good?)

Anyhow, I'm listening to Gashed Senses & Crossfire by Front Line Assembly right now! Memory lane and what not.

REMEMBER WHEN THIS WAS THE FUTURE OF MUSIC? I guess it still kind of is in a Mad Max kind of way.

Obviously there is the old guard but when I was in HS, I liked a lot of the later life industrial and industrial-adjacent acts. Some didn't age so well but teenage me liked them.

Skold (because I loved KMFDM)
Sister Machine Gun
Bile
Hanzel und Gretyl
etc.

Man, MINISTRY has released a SHIT TON of albums, I don't think I've listened to any post Filth Pig. This may be a lot of fun to explore.

Obviously there is the old guard but when I was in HS, I liked a lot of the later life industrial and industrial-adjacent acts. Some didn't age so well but teenage me liked them.

Skold (because I loved KMFDM)
Sister Machine Gun
Bile
Hanzel und Gretyl
etc.
I only know Sister Machine Gun from your list. I will check out the rest.

Well I don’t really think Filter or White Zombie should be on that list.

I’m annoyed that they’re using the reimagined cover art for the Front 242 albums.

The omission of Rabies is mind boggling.

Wrong My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult album was selected.

I would have selected a different Ministry album.

I’m sure I could find a couple of more but I’ll stop…..for now.

Well I don’t really think Filter or White Zombie should be on that list.

I’m annoyed that they’re using the reimagined cover art for the Front 242 albums.

The omission of Rabies is mind boggling.

Wrong My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult album was selected.

I would have selected a different Ministry album.

I’m sure I could find a couple of more but I’ll stop…..for now.
Which Ministry is wrong, they put three of them on the list or are you saying a different Ministry should have been #1? Confessions of a Knife? I like Sexplosion. I don't really remember Filter. I'm gonna do this like the Punk thread and listen to the whole thing (eventually). They probably went with whatever cover is on Allmusic/Wiki/whatever music shop they affliate with.

Which Ministry is wrong, they put three of them on the list or are you saying a different Ministry should have been #1? Confessions of a Knife? I like Sexplosion. I don't really remember Filter. I'm gonna do this like the Punk thread and listen to the whole thing (eventually). They probably went with whatever cover is on Allmusic/Wiki/whatever music shop they affliate with.

Yeah, I would have put Mind at #1.
I like Sexplosion too but Knife was better.

Another head scratcher was the Lords Of Acid. I always considered that to be more techno than industrial.

Man, some of these albums I haven’t listened to in a very long time.

I seem to remember Lords of Acid sort of being claimed by both camps, it went so hard that I think the Techno kids had a hard time with it.

Yeah, In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up. Pretty sure I had a VHS copy of that along with like everything NIN released to video up to like The Fragile.

Psalm seemed more metal and less electronic. That album definitely attracted the metal fans.

In Case You Didn’t Feel Like Showing Up.
The metal fans were already there (I came from that camp and Mind definitely spoke to me). Psalm is when they blew up everywhere and MTV was playing them on Headbangers Ball instead of 120 Minutes.

Man, MINISTRY has released a SHIT TON of albums, I don't think I've listened to any post Filth Pig. This may be a lot of fun to explore.
Keep your expectations low and it'll be OK. Animosity and dark side of the spoon were ok, the brand new one is ok, everything is between..... it was a rough time for uncle Al

Keep your expectations low and it'll be OK. Animosity and dark side of the spoon were ok, the brand new one is ok, everything is between..... it was a rough time for uncle Al
I mean bad Al is better than a lot of other shit. lol.

Back