The Latest News from Neptune - a Sun Ra thread

Anyone know if this will be up for order through Bandcamp anytime soon? I think previous releases from Cosmic Myth Records made it on there. I’d like to get the digital download with the record.

I've been keeping my eyes on it, as I'm sure it will land there - and typically ships from Bandcamp before anywhere else as well.

I've yet to find any info about a physical release, but this looks pretty cool regardless.

I've long been a fan of the Red Hot compilations and I am very stoked to see them visiting Ra's omniverse of sounds - particularly the fact that they're calling this a series!

I've yet to find any info about a physical release, but this looks pretty cool regardless.

I've long been a fan of the Red Hot compilations and I am very stoked to see them visiting Ra's omniverse of sounds - particularly the fact that they're calling this a series!

Honestly, this is way better than I expected it to be - or than it deserves to be, given that it's all interpretations of the same song!
It's a journey, and I'm enjoying it immensely.

Happy 100 + a day to the ineffable and inimitable Marshall Allan!

1200px-Marshall_Allen-0298.jpg

On this day in 1993, Sun Ra returned to the celestial plane...

81nm6aVDLML._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

In some far off place, many light years in space, I’ll wait for you.
Where human feet have never trod, where human eyes have never seen.
I’ll build a world of abstract dreams and wait for you.

super excited for this screening of sun ra films on 16mm that I organized on thursday here in chicago:

Oh man, that's so awesome - I wish I could just dart over to Chicago for an evening! I'd love to check out those shorts, and it would be supremely neat to watch A Joyful Noise in vintage 16mm! It's such a great movie. Well played! The attendees are damn sure lucky to have you helping make such magic happen. The current exhibition sounds way cool too. Curse my lack of private jet!

Was digging around the Juno UK shop last night and noticed they had all of the Cosmic Myth reissues back in stock, it seems they did a repress of everything that came before to coincide with the release of Jazz in Silhouette... Which is exciting in general, because they are all spectacular releases. Particularly exciting, and also somewhat painful, is the fact that God Is More Than Love Can Ever Be is now readily available for about 25% of what I wound up paying for my copy after a year or more of searching! 😳

If you're unfamiliar, it's an absolutely delightful trio set, and definitely a favourite of mine in the catalogue.

Back