The 'I Did a Thing' Thread

I love that set. The sound is so great. (see also: Love is a Thing ❤️)
It’s insanely good. I have the DCC of Love Is The Thing and that’s great too. Picked up this little known hoffman/BoomBoom cut too a little while ago and it’s cheap and sounds great

More pics!
The box is nice—seems like what they based the UHQRs off of initially. Has the wood spine plus some gold foil around the edges and textured cloth cover. The inside is pretty bare bones—no album sleeves but 5 45RPM discs and a booklet with write ups, photos of the master tapes and a little advertisement for the other offerings. Hand numbered pamphlet.

IMG_8406.jpeg
IMG_8407.jpeg
IMG_8408.jpeg
IMG_8409.jpeg

The box is nice—seems like what they based the UHQRs off of initially. Has the wood spine plus some gold foil around the edges and textured cloth cover. The inside is pretty bare bones—no album sleeves but 5 45RPM discs and a booklet with write ups, photos of the master tapes and a little advertisement for the other offerings. Hand numbered pamphlet.

View attachment 177670
View attachment 177671
View attachment 177672
View attachment 177673
Sweet. Looks like a real nice set. Thanks!

Sweet. Looks like a real nice set. Thanks!
it sounds amazing. and i paid way less than current discogs pricing. but i do wish there were some kind of jackets for the records. i never know what do to with box sets like this without any album art or sleeves. The records are just in the QRP inners and I'll want to put them on my regular shelving to spin them more....but I guess I have to buy some generic sleeves...

it sounds amazing. and i paid way less than current discogs pricing. but i do wish there were some kind of jackets for the records. i never know what do to with box sets like this without any album art or sleeves. The records are just in the QRP inners and I'll want to put them on my regular shelving to spin them more....but I guess I have to buy some generic sleeves...
Yeah that's kind of weird, and unfortunate.

I did a thing less than a week after I said I wouldn't do the thing. The wife is...not as impressed or understanding of the great deal I got and why I felt I had to jump on this. But she's not mad, she just told me to stop spending money. Which is fair, lol.

So, anyway, I found a NAD C 368 at a ridiculously good price on eBay. I was slightly skeptical but the seller had a dozen great reviews. So I made an offer and he took it. He then googled me and emailed my work address, which had me a little concerned at first that it was indeed a scam. Turns out it's just that he's 90 years old and doesn't fully understand why eBay wouldn't let him change shipment methods. I paid for USPS on there, but he wanted to send it via UPS insured for safety and they needed my phone and email. Since I paid though PayPal I figured what the hell and ended up chatting with the guy over email for a couple days. He lives in Asheville. He said he'd drive it to me but his family won't let him drive anymore. He decided he wanted to try the purifi over the hypex and sold this one before his new one arrived. Really nice guy to chat with about our systems.

The amp arrived in two days. Showed up last night in the original box and it still has the safety plastic on the screen. Looks brand new. Turns out it's only a year old. I didn't expect to go this direction, but I couldn't have lucked out anymore than I did on this. Need to sell some equipment to help cover the cost to appease the wife, but she said if I do that she'll be happy.

Got it set up this morning. Today was a good day.IMG20230720083815.jpg

I did a thing less than a week after I said I wouldn't do the thing. The wife is...not as impressed or understanding of the great deal I got and why I felt I had to jump on this. But she's not mad, she just told me to stop spending money. Which is fair, lol.

So, anyway, I found a NAD C 368 at a ridiculously good price on eBay. I was slightly skeptical but the seller had a dozen great reviews. So I made an offer and he took it. He then googled me and emailed my work address, which had me a little concerned at first that it was indeed a scam. Turns out it's just that he's 90 years old and doesn't fully understand why eBay wouldn't let him change shipment methods. I paid for USPS on there, but he wanted to send it via UPS insured for safety and they needed my phone and email. Since I paid though PayPal I figured what the hell and ended up chatting with the guy over email for a couple days. He lives in Asheville. He said he'd drive it to me but his family won't let him drive anymore. He decided he wanted to try the purifi over the hypex and sold this one before his new one arrived. Really nice guy to chat with about our systems.

The amp arrived in two days. Showed up last night in the original box and it still has the safety plastic on the screen. Looks brand new. Turns out it's only a year old. I didn't expect to go this direction, but I couldn't have lucked out anymore than I did on this. Need to sell some equipment to help cover the cost to appease the wife, but she said if I do that she'll be happy.

Got it set up this morning. Today was a good day.View attachment 178176

Nice nads.
Sorry your wife doesn't appreciate them.

Back