The Harbeth Thread

In preparation for the SourcePoint 8 comparison, I shut down the Classic 98 sub and am listening to the C7’s solo. They’re going to be a tough speaker to beat in this space. Outside of low bass extension, which isn’t surprising, there’s really nothing to complain about.

I feel like they might bend slightly to the polite side rather than being exciting and dynamic, but my comparison is really just the Heresy’s and Fortes, which are another spectrum altogether.

We’ll see how this goes.

In preparation for the SourcePoint 8 comparison, I shut down the Classic 98 sub and am listening to the C7’s solo. They’re going to be a tough speaker to beat in this space. Outside of low bass extension, which isn’t surprising, there’s really nothing to complain about.

I feel like they might bend slightly to the polite side rather than being exciting and dynamic, but my comparison is really just the Heresy’s and Fortes, which are another spectrum altogether.

We’ll see how this goes.
I’m excited because the mofis are something I will probably attempt to audition when the time comes.

We’ll see how this goes.
I found the SHL5 PLUS XDs I had to be polite as well, which is why I moved on from them. A kind of a take it or leave it, straight forward presentation. I like speakers to reach out to me more.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the SourcePoints too. Coax drivers can image really well (I had Zu Souls) and that was their best attribute by far.

Back