The Greatest Songs Ever Written

whoisbeck

We aren't talking about the greatest bands. We aren't talking about the greatest live performance. We're talking about songs that stand head and shoulders above every other song in existence.

What makes a song "The Greatest Ever Written"?
Is it the melody? Is it the lyrics? Is it the feeling?

Offer them up here!

Here is my offering:

Inside Job by Pearl Jam:

The Reason:

First off I know we are not talking about live performances, however it was from a live performance that made me adore this song. Back in 2016 I had the pleasure of seeing Pearl Jam live. This song was part of the greatest encore I had bore witness to. I only knew a few songs, but I left a fan for life. Since then I have sought out every song they have made and I am happy I have done so. I am not three years removed from this live show and I still listen to this song. This song resonates to a deep part of my being. It's moved me to tears, made me smile, and most of all to me it's the most beautiful rock song every written. Lyrically it's one of the most powerful songs I have heard mixed with that grand intro it hits something deep only few songs have done in my short life so far. In a sonic and musical way it builds to a wonderful climax that makes me want to listen to it over and over. According to Eddy this is a song that lyrically and musicly was written by Mike McCready. I know some are on the fence about Eddie's vocals, but here they are showcased to the max. This is a song I love to let others listen to to show them why I love Pearl Jam. It's also one I show as to why I am in love with music so much.

This is one of the great one hit wonders of the 90’s. Everything about this I love. The lyrics are amazing and introspective. The instrumental feels like it is just chugging through an empty city. The BB King sample sounds haunting. The song also flows extremely well in and out of verses and a piano solo until the ending where it collapses into itself and disappears.

I know might seem like a bad choice considering it is a Future song but hear me out. This is the song where he pours out everything he was feeling. There are 4 very lyrical verses, and not a moment is wasted. On the surface, it seems like a normal Future song, where he talks about drugs, money, and women. But he sounds sad. He’s grown weary of this lifestyle and he’s stepping back and taking a look at himself. The beat compliments him on the song perfectly, leaving enough space for him to unload all of his inner emotions that are so rarely seen in trap music. This is the song that made me switch from a Future hater to a fan, and I highly recommend giving it a listen.

Back