The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

I guess that’s one way to look at it, but still includes some etching LPs. Seems like complete overkill to me. A few years ago this would’ve been the CD box set - now there’s only one show on CD and 4,000 24xLP sets. Pretty wild
I think 2 sides are etched out of 48 total sides, so not too bad. But yea--a 24 LP box set is crazy. Plus its 28lbs and I don't think it's free shipping.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts when it arrives 🤣

I debated getting the new Europe 72 but I'm really happy with the Bellman cut.
I can’t do it. I’ve sold off every Dead vinyl set I’ve had (except Cornell) because I don’t ever listen to 6xLP sets. CD is my go-to for the Dead. I think there will be a lot of people who buy and have some remorse down the line.

But hey, I guess if you can justify the $600 you might as well splurge on the $80 shorts too!

24 LPs is completely insane. I'd love to have it, but at $600 after tax and shipping, that's a huge no go. The amount of room it would take up is insane.

I thought that with the 2LP highlights disc, they would start focusing on excerpts. I was wrong.
When I saw they pressed Dave’s Picks 1 on LP and it sold out quickly, I knew they were leaning hard into the vinyl world. I’m bummed because it seems like the CD sets are taking a back seat now. Love the effort they put into their CD set releases. They’re almost all decoration pieces too.

That box has soooo many of the same songs on each set list too…can’t justify it

But I sprang for the colored version cuz I like wasting money 😂
Yeah, for real. At least the Phish Clifford Ball set doesn’t have any repeats lol

I love Jack Straw, I don’t need 3 versions on vinyl from the same year that all sound extremely similar. That’s what makes the classic Europe comp so good.

I can’t do it. I’ve sold off every Dead vinyl set I’ve had (except Cornell) because I don’t ever listen to 6xLP sets. CD is my go-to for the Dead. I think there will be a lot of people who buy and have some remorse down the line.

But hey, I guess if you can justify the $600 you might as well splurge on the $80 shorts too!
Digital is so much more enjoyable and practical for live shows. I've only got Cornell but I've been debating selling it and replacing it with the Get Shown the Light CD box and pocketing several hundred extra dollars.

I hear ya. I'm not a HUGE deadhead but even I know that CDs/streaming seem to be the best way to listen to their live stuff.

Back