The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

yea doesn't really sound all that different. only worry would be if the 180 is pressed somewhere else...probably wouldn't be but who knows anymore...
Somewhere else from where? Is it known where the standard weight set is being pressed? I pre-ordered the deluxe from @Ethos99 . Maybe he would know.

Somewhere else from where? Is it known where the standard weight set is being pressed? I pre-ordered the deluxe from @Ethos99 . Maybe he would know.
Have no idea! That's just what my neurotic brain is thinking--wondering if the deluxe is pressed somewhere different from the regular. seems weird to charge $30+ more at retail for just the 180g + textured paper wrap if all other things are the same. it very well may just be a higher price because of that though...i may opt for the higher priced one in the sale.

Have no idea! That's just what my neurotic brain is thinking--wondering if the deluxe is pressed somewhere different from the regular. seems weird to charge $30+ more at retail for just the 180g + textured paper wrap if all other things are the same. it very well may just be a higher price because of that though...i may opt for the higher priced one in the sale.
Haha! On the Garcia Family Provisions site it also says the deluxe is limited to 10,000, but beyond that, both include a download and "two new essays from Steve Hyden and Bill Walton." No pressing info.

in the venn diagram of "vinyl boom" and "Garcia Family Provisions/Dead Universe", "overpaying for things" is the overlap
i did realize as I was typing that, that the differences in the two albums probably is enough for fans of the dead to pay the extra price!

i did realize as I was typing that, that the differences in the two albums probably is enough for fans of the dead to pay the extra price!
10,000 is still a lot of presses for a JGB release. Not every Dead fan is a fan of JGB, and previous JGB presses have shown that there's much less interest. 10,000 is still a lot for a Dead release, considering the Olympia 72 box can still be had for list price from last RSD. Not really sure what they were going for by doing two separate releases. Steven Hyden is a great writer, and every Dead fan loves Bill Walton, but idk if their inserts justify an extra $20.

10,000 is still a lot of presses for a JGB release. Not every Dead fan is a fan of JGB, and previous JGB presses have shown that there's much less interest. 10,000 is still a lot for a Dead release, considering the Olympia 72 box can still be had for list price from last RSD. Not really sure what they were going for by doing two separate releases. Steven Hyden is a great writer, and every Dead fan loves Bill Walton, but idk if their inserts justify an extra $20.
They don't because I'm pretty sure those inserts are part of both sets.

They don't because I'm pretty sure those inserts are part of both sets.
Ah gotcha, so it’s just the packing/foil on the outside then? That’s pretty silly. I wonder if it had anything to do with the sets that were made. I remember reading that they weren’t happy with the initial product, which is why it was pushed back. This seems like a lot for a JGB release.

Ah gotcha, so it’s just the packing/foil on the outside then? That’s pretty silly. I wonder if it had anything to do with the sets that were made. I remember reading that they weren’t happy with the initial product, which is why it was pushed back. This seems like a lot for a JGB release.
5LP for $90 or so doesn't seem crazy to me. 5LP for $60 seems like a bargain though.

WFB9-995_1024x1024@2x.jpg

WFB9-994_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Bobby Weir & Wolf Bros: Live In Colorado
TRACKLISTING

1. New Speedway Boogie

2. Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall

3. Big River

4. West L.A. Fadeaway

5. My Brother Esau

6. Only A River

7. Looks Like Rain

8. Lost Sailor/Saint of Circumstance

Probably gonna be an outlier of an opinion here, but I don’t buy Jonah Hill as Jerry. I don’t think he’s a bad actor. And yeah he can blend into roles. But there’s always a part of me that still sees him as Jonah Hill, comedy actor. And I don’t know that he’ll have the certain presence that Jerry had. That’s just me though. I’d love to be proven wrong.

Also I will watch this. And it will likely further push the Dead into more people’s ears. But I hope it gets the feeling of the band right.

WFB9-995_1024x1024@2x.jpg

WFB9-994_1024x1024@2x.jpg

This is going to be a Vault package

Back