The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

is boston garden only on vinyl? that's a PITA. I'd like to stream it and maybe I'd pick up the CD set.
Get Shown The Light set is still available and has all 4 shows. Same mastering and all. It’s phenomenal, as all of their CD sets are.

The SBDs on the archive are also top notch. I compared the Cornell vinyl to both my CD and Time Machine about a year ago, and all three were incredible.

Get Shown The Light set is still available and has all 4 shows. Same mastering and all. It’s phenomenal, as all of their CD sets are.

The SBDs on the archive are also top notch. I compared the Cornell vinyl to both my CD and Time Machine about a year ago, and all three were incredible.
Went ahead and ordered that with the 1973 set. Pretty pumped. The 15% off code only worked on that get shown the light set though :cautious:

Preordered this. I gave up on Buying Dead live sets on Vinyl a few record store days ago (maybe it was Hampton 1979, my memory is, uh, hazy). I bought all of the CD sets instead - this is my preferred way to listen to the band. The fade outs ruin the vibe.

PS the Code no longer works.

I'm finally getting around to spinning the JGB rsd release and I know some of y'all don't care for them as much, but my god the sound quality on these last two releases is outta sight good. They are among my favorite Jerry shows because of how much energy he brought. I feel like he was giving a bit more on some of these late JGB and solo sets than some of the later Dead shows.
IMG20230504125941.jpg

Last edited:
I'm finally getting around to spinning the JGB rsd release and I know some of y'all don't care for them as much, but my god the sound quality on these last two releases is outta sight good. They are among my favorite Jerry shows because of how much energy he brought. I feel like he was giving a bit more on some of these late JGB and solo sets than some of the later Dead shows.
View attachment 173727
1000%. All of the JGB releases I have are fantastic. Tbh I think he enjoyed his side stuff more than the Dead following Brent’s death.

The “Grateful Dawg” documentary kinda touches on it, you could tell he was having a blast going back to his music roots and getting away from the craziness of the Dead world. Ultimately I think he wanted out after Brent’s death but the burden was too much.

Tuned into the Sirius stream of the Barton Hall show right now, sounds very crisp. Althea played at a great pace, too.
I bought the video for tonight.

When they started with Minglewood I was hoping they'd copy the '77 setlist, but yeah I'll take a solid Althea instead.

D&C pace with Jay always seems to be a bit steadier, and I love Bill.

Well I put in to return Dave's Picks 23. God awful pressing. Disc one sounded great so I had high hopes, but discs 2 and 5 are extremely dish warped and discs 3 and 4 have so many pops and crackles even after cleaning that it's painful to listen to. Plus they shipped it in a barely taped together box that didn't even cover the corners and it had splits on the box. Total shit from Dead.net yet again. They deserve all the returns they get on this one. At these prices and they're just straight up selling shit. I think I'll be giving up on any more live Dead vinyl like many of y'all and going for a Time Machine next.

Well I put in to return Dave's Picks 23. God awful pressing. Disc one sounded great so I had high hopes, but discs 2 and 5 are extremely dish warped and discs 3 and 4 have so many pops and crackles even after cleaning that it's painful to listen to. Plus they shipped it in a barely taped together box that didn't even cover the corners and it had splits on the box. Total shit from Dead.net yet again. They deserve all the returns they get on this one. At these prices and they're just straight up selling shit. I think I'll be giving up on any more live Dead vinyl like many of y'all and going for a Time Machine next.
Uh oh. Haven't opened mine yet but the outside doesn't have any damage at least

Back