The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

It's stunning how much better the 49ers are than the Cowboys. Just top to bottom a better run organization. I can't hate them at all. As a Texas fan, I know Brock Purdy really well from the times he beat us at Iowa State. I did not see him being this good.

It's stunning how much better the 49ers are than the Cowboys. Just top to bottom a better run organization. I can't hate them at all. As a Texas fan, I know Brock Purdy really well from the times he beat us at Iowa State. I did not see him being this good.
The Cowboys (and many of their overzealous fans) frequently take any success the team has to mean that they’ve turned a corner and are on their way to the Super Bowl. Prior to the Niners game, they have beat The Giants, Jets, and Patriots, three really terrible teams that have been regularly beat down by better competition.

I truly thought Purdy’s success last year was a fluke. Really though, their success is because the team is absolutely stacked top to bottom. I cannot see any weakness beyond the inexperience of their QB.

The Cowboys (and many of their overzealous fans) frequently take any success the team has to mean that they’ve turned a corner and are on their way to the Super Bowl. Prior to the Niners game, they have beat The Giants, Jets, and Patriots, three really terrible teams that have been regularly beat down by better competition.
At this point I wonder if there is any team that can beat them. Eagles?

I've been to a lot of Lions games in my life, at the old Silverdome and Ford Field, and of course their history is so bad that there haven't been many reasons for the crowd to be pumped...just little moments here and there over the years. But last night was different. They played a bit sloppy but overcame some of their own mistakes and won a game by double digits. But the main reason for my post is that it was so LOUD in there. I've never heard it like that, and signs are now pointing to maybe possibly winning the division. Man, a home playoff game? This town will go nuts.

Man, The NFC North is hot garbage this season. Both The Bears and (thank god) the Packers are duking it out for the number 1 pick in the 2024 draft and without Jeffries and Cousins the Vikings will have a tough time finishing above .500.
Yeah, the Cousins thing is absolutely terrible for the Vikes. I wonder if they'll make a trade before the deadline or just ride it out this year.

Back