The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

I hate this team

I wish they would figure this out but a couple things make me not get too worked up. First, Roquan doesn’t have an agent so I think Poles was trying to pants him initially which isn’t a good look for a new GM but this trade demand feels like a negotiation tactic more than an actual trade demand. This same tactic worked for Debo so it feels like an escalation but an unrepairable stance. I think if Roquan had an agent I would suspect they would be further along in the process. Secondly, this situation reminds me of Lance Briggs, who at least twice had similar holdouts with The Bears and at least once demanded a trade but ultimately ended up with an extension. I will worry about it if he’s actually traded or he misses games until then it’s mostly noise.

Last edited:
As a long suffering Bears fan I'm keeping my optimism in check, but It was nice to see a well planned out, executed pre-season game.

11 games. $5 million dollar fine. This still feels light; I guess it’s better than the initial ruling though.

The NFL wet the bed once again. He was offered a 12-game suspension + $5M fine by NFL to end the whole ordeal a few weeks ago. So...Watson actually won.

Vontaze Burfict got 12 games for one specific instance of targeting.
Josh Gordon got 5+ seasons for marijuana.

Ezekiel Elliott got 6 games on charges of domestic violence. On that scale:
even if the precedent for sexual assault is 6 games (with I think at least one instance of then being lowered to 4), that should be 6 PER INCIDENT. If the NFL presented 4 or 5 cases or whatever it was, anything less than a full season is unacceptable.

The NFL wet the bed once again. He was offered a 12-game suspension + $5M fine by NFL to end the whole ordeal a few weeks ago. So...Watson actually won.

Vontaze Burfict got 12 games for one specific instance of targeting.
Josh Gordon got 5+ seasons for marijuana.

Ezekiel Elliott got 6 games on charges of domestic violence. On that scale:
I think because of the illicit details in the complaint the media has demurred too much in describing what Watson is actually being accused of. The details are predatory and vile. I think if more people knew what he did there would be a much bigger outcry to kick him to the curb.

Back