The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

SIX YEARS?!?!?!?
He's 32 and soon to be 33 near the end of this month. Can't imagine the guarantees are going to be much? Probably voidable after three years?

Makes sense the AFC has all the good QBs now they are taking all the NFC’s best pass rushers. If Aaron Rodgers can’t make it back to a Super Bowl this year in a hollowed out NFC then I would say it’s not gonna happen.

Might be a hallowed out Packers team as well. His best receiver currently is Allen Lazard.
Speaking of receivers...Davante Adams is probably the happiest dude on earth after seeing this ludicrous free agency signing by JAX:

That makes Kirk the 3rd highest paid WR in the league. His career high for rec yds in a season is 982, just last year.
Trent Baalke man...

Speaking of receivers...Davante Adams is probably the happiest dude on earth after seeing this ludicrous free agency signing by JAX:

That makes Kirk the 3rd highest paid WR in the league. His career high for rec yds in a season is 982, just last year.
Trent Baalke man...

Right? Jags are crazy for that, but I'm sure it's a huge catalyst in Davante holding out.

Trent Baalke man...

Right? Jags are crazy for that, but I'm sure it's a huge catalyst in Davante holding out.
Right, Bad money hand over fist. Not gonna matter much if they can’t keep Trevor Lawrence upright though.

This is weird. I thought the Packers would be franchising Adams? I am surprised Rodgers is cool with this.
Yeah they were, but he made it clear he'd sit if he was tagged. From what I've read, Rodgers knew about him possibly going somewhere else. Packers supposedly also offered him close to what the Raiders did, and he wants to leave anyways. He gets to play with his college qb now, and be paid handsomely I guess. No doubt Packers will throw in an offer for Landry now. Maybe can get Landry and Julio for the price of Adams. But in usual Packers fashion, they won't land anyone and put it all on Rodgers back. Oh well either way, I'm ready for the Rodgers era to end, and see how we rebuild. At least we'll still be competitive until that time comes.

Seriously, Watson is gonna get a fully guaranteed contract too!? This is worse than The Vikings being hamstrung with Kirk Cousins. Watson is alright but I would be really surprised if he were a top 10 QB by the end of 2022. Less surprised if he paid millions to settle some of those 22 civil sexual assault lawsuits.

Once this is official , ill be out. Making it easy for me to ditch the NFL.

Ill also suggest changing the threas title to: handsome jimmy garoppolo and the rest of the nfl
I spent an embarrassing amount of time thinking about who my team would be if Philly traded for him after the noise started last year that they were interested. Ended up on the chargers.

Back