The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Meanwhile players bet more than $1,500 on a single hand of poker on the team plane.

Nice, hope this is all over the news instead of that asshole
Yeah, poor Aaron Rodgers, he cocked teesed the league for the last year and just right when it was about to give him max attention he gets overshadowed.

I don’t know how Denver is in a better offensive situation for Russ than Seattle. Lockett and Metcalf were a heck of a WR tandem and it sounds like Seattle will have all Denver’s picks over the next decade. The NFC West was a tough division but the AFC West ain’t a whole lot easier.

Yeah, poor Aaron Rodgers, he cocked teesed the league for the last year and just right when it was about to give him max attention he gets overshadowed.

I don’t know how Denver is in a better offensive situation for Russ than Seattle. Lockett and Metcalf were a heck of a WR tandem and it sounds like Seattle will have all Denver’s picks over the next decade. The NFC West was a tough division but the AFC West ain’t a whole lot easier.
Better defense for sure, and I assume a better OL so he's not running for his life every play anymore. But yeah, the competition doesn't get any easier for him, and Denver may still be the #3 in that division.

HOLY SHIT!!!

Good for Denver!!! I really was hoping the Bucs landed Russ, or even AR....oh well!

Better defense for sure, and I assume a better OL so he's not running for his life every play anymore. But yeah, the competition doesn't get any easier for him, and Denver may still be the #3 in that division.
TBH, seems like the Seahawks might have gotten fleeced. Listening to local radio and it sounds like they only received two First Rounders from the Broncos. I think this is comparable to the Bears Kalhil Mack trade and as much as I love Mack he is not a Franchise altering QB.

Broncos has agreed to trade quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, defensive lineman Shelby Harris, two first-round picks, two second-round picks and a fifth-round pick to the Seahawks for Wilson and a fourth-round pick, sources said.
Noah Fant is a good Tight End and Lock isn’t a starting NFL QB. Shelby Harris is a really good but not great 34 linemen. This years First rounder will be the only one worthwhile. The one for next year will probably be a middle first rounder.

Also, it’s not like the Seahawks have been setting the world ablaze with their recent track record with first round picks.

I’ve heard rumblings that the Niners might keep Jimmy G for another season. I think they should unless they are absolutely convinced that Lance is ready to roll.

I mean, he does knock Rodgers out of the playoffs every year! Is he pretty much out of SF though still this year?
While I'd be ok with another year of Jimmy G (I mean, he almost got us to a second super bowl in three years with a messed up shoulder and thumb) I think they are going to trade him for a 3rd or 4th to free up cap space and turn the team over to Trey. Seems like as much as the players loved Jimmy (and it's pretty universal) they have also started pumping up how well Trey did learning behind him last year.

Back