The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

I'm looking forward to tonight's Niners vs Cardinals game but am a bit worried...I know the Niners should win easily but they haven't beaten the Cards in years plus it feels a bit like a trap game with the Niners possibly looking ahead to their next game vs the Seahawks.
I'm rooting for the Cardinals. I need the Niners to come down off of their high and recognize that this is the Saints redemption season. ;)

Wouldn't you prefer the Saints knock off an unbeaten Niners team in the Superdome in December? Or are you afraid....👻
I'm not afraid! Are you afraid??? Although, I am remembering Kap knocking the Saints out of a playoff run not too horribly long ago. :|

I actually really have no dog in the fight. The Niners are having a great time!

Wouldn't you prefer the Saints knock off an unbeaten Niners team in the Superdome in December? Or are you afraid....👻

You know what, upon further consideration, yes, I am afraid. Because it would be a very close game. And the refs would find yet another way to blow a crucial call.

I'm also picking them in my survival pool. This is a tough week with so many teams on a bye!
And I've already picked The Bills and Seahawks who have the next 2 most favorable matchups and theres no way I'm putting my faith in the Jets even if they are playing the Dolphins

And I've already picked The Bills and Seahawks who have the next 2 most favorable matchups and theres no way I'm putting my faith in the Jets even if they are playing the Dolphins
Yup, same here. I was flirting with GB at the Chargers but thought I'd rather root for my team!

If any of this is Trent Williams stuff with him and the trash DC football team's doctors is true, then oooooooo boy, I hope that team is sued into oblivion.

Last edited:
damn this team is bad, i just thought they were just really stupid the past weeks. @blissfullychaotic , my expectations dropped from a .500 team to maybe 3 more wins if they are lucky ?
i dont see Kitchens coaching this team next year.

@tvham that picture is so cool
It's been such a disaster, the talent is there but we keep shooting ourselves in the foot. This was a must win game and we let a third string qb beat us. As much as I hate to think about finding another new coach, I think you're right Freddie has to go. I think the two games against Cincinnati are going to be the only two wins if we keep playing like this

Hey if anyone wants to see what happens when you try and make a quarterback something he's not and by "coaching him up" you make him start second guessing his natural instincts, you know, the ones that made him look like he had potential in the first place, come watch the Bears for a while. They've got this kid so screwed up, you can't make a naturally mobile QB into a pure pocket passer.......the results speak for themselves.

Of course this is only one of our problems, lol.

It's been such a disaster, the talent is there but we keep shooting ourselves in the foot. This was a must win game and we let a third string qb beat us. As much as I hate to think about finding another new coach, I think you're right Freddie has to go. I think the two games against Cincinnati are going to be the only two wins if we keep playing like this

i dont really have a strong opinion either way. i just dont think Dorsey will keep him after this

Interesting, but not really surprising article to me. While I’m not a big football guy (other than rooting against the Titans) its place in the culture is a subject that’s fascinating to me.

Oops

Saints don't deserve to be in the super bowl hunt if they can't beat a team as bad as the falcons.

Last edited:
i dont really have a strong opinion either way. i just dont think Dorsey will keep him after this
There was some progress yesterday, the defense finally stepped up and the Offense did what it needed to do to win a close game. Progress but still a lot of work needs to be done, next week against Pittsburgh will be a another good test for this team.

There was some progress yesterday, the defense finally stepped up and the Offense did what it needed to do to win a close game. Progress but still a lot of work needs to be done, next week against Pittsburgh will be a another good test for this team.

not sure. the goal line situations were brutal and im not sure how theyll fix that.
i totally expected to see that Kitchens had taken the timeout just before the failed kick and that the Bills would try again and score. then they would have had one big play in OT to win it.
Chubb is still the best player on O. Hunt did some really nice blocking, something this team has lacked.
Pit will probably kill them. they keep winning games without Ben. they just know how to win i guess.

Back