The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

I suffered really nasty ankle break (longboarding accident) about 5 years ago, I had multiple surgeries and still have a plate holding my fibula together. Everytime I see an athlete suffer an ankle injury like that I know how tough their road back is gonna be. I feel for Dak and wish him a speedy recovery.

Damn, that sounds nasty. Any lingering or long term effects for you?

That is some hardware ya got there.
Yeah, they went back in about a month later and took out the screw they used to secure my fibula to my tibia. That was there just to stabilize my ankle while all the ligaments healed. I still have that screw.

Sounds like Dak is having surgery on his compound ankle fracture/dislocation tonight. If I remember correctly ā€œcompoundā€ is when the bone breaks through the skin, that sounds a bit worse than mine injury.

Last edited:
I know the Browns have been bad for a long time and Steelers have been mostly good, but this statement still caught me off guard:

The Browns (4-1) are off to their best start since 1994 and on Sunday will be aiming to defeat the Steelers in Pittsburgh for the first time in 17 years. šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³

I know the Browns have been bad for a long time and Steelers have been mostly good, but this statement still caught me off guard:

The Browns (4-1) are off to their best start since 1994 and on Sunday will be aiming to defeat the Steelers in Pittsburgh for the first time in 17 years. šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³

means ive never seen a win @ Ketchup field. and probably wont the way their O plays. they dont seem to ever go away..

Seriously a second weeks in a row where Nagy should have had The Bears run the ball on 3rd down to get the other team to call their final time out and the the second week in a row the Bears Defense bails out his poor playing calling.

Still 5-1. Iā€™ll take it.

Back