The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

My day is ruined. I do think the call was right, though. 😞
The comeback drive looked incredibly promising in crunch time. Burrow made some mistakes (including a terrible shovel pass INT), but he will learn from it.
O-line looked like swiss cheese the whole first half and prevented Burrow from getting into any rhythm. Second half looked better but the fluke fumble by the normally sure handed Mixon, a poor mistake by Burrow in the shuffle pass, and the shank. Winnable game, but definitely hopeful. That last drive was a clinic. Agree the interference call was correct - AJ has always toed the line (pun intended) with pushing off.

The new MNF crew is not great. I think the 3 man booth is awkward. Levy and Riddick are fine albeit generic play-by-play/color combo but Griese seems out of place. They keep deferring to each other to speak making for some uneven transitions. It’s their first game I am sure they’ll improve but early going it’s not a fun listen.

The new MNF crew is not great. I think the 3 man booth is awkward. Levy and Riddick are fine albeit generic play-by-play/color combo but Griese seems out of place. They keep deferring to each other to speak making for some uneven transitions. It’s their first game I am sure they’ll improve but early going it’s not a fun listen.
I do not like Riddick. Not an ounce of levity to his approach.

I do not like Riddick. Not an ounce of levity to his approach.
Yeah, I think I enjoy his voice more and think he is a bit more insightful than Greise but Greise does seem to be steering the ship. It seems like he has to keep prodding Riddick with direct questions to pull that insight out of him which is awkward.

28 pass attempts in the first half for your rookie QB in his second game on a short week absolutely rules and is some awesome, fearless football. Zac Taylor is showing me some things here
Especially considering how bad this Bengals team is. The fact that they are in this game speaks to the game plan and one cool cat at QB.

Especially considering how bad this Bengals team is. The fact that they are in this game speaks to the game plan and one cool cat at QB.
We may not have the talent (particularly on both sides of the trenches), but I get the feeling Burrow is the guy, as you imply.

Oh man this defense has been shredded 😞
Going for it on fourth down early in the game. Trying to do everything you can to win the ballgame with a worse roster.

Yeah, Burrow is my favorite “Pro Style” QB to enter the league since Andrew Luck. He has all the tools and is completely unflappable. It may take him a couple years to get the team right around him but I would rather be The Bengals than The Browns over the next 5 years.

Back