The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Watching this game was a pretty good reminder of why I don't watch NFL regularly (even if I still follow). Not only the anticlimactic ending and how long it was, but I forgot how insanely conservative the institution is. The full on weeping during the national anthem, the announcers hyping up rupert murdoch in the stands. Give me a break.
Not necessarily disagreeing but it was the Super Bowl. I tend to think that the manly men openly weeping at the beginning of the game had more to do with them allowing themselves a moment of reflection to appreciate the moment which will likely be the pinnacle of many of their sporting careers it just so happened that the moment was during the National Anthem.

I am obviously cynical about all of the jingoistic faux patriotism being as the government openly admits to paying the NFL to manufacture these moments.

The shot of Elon and The Murdoch’s watching the game made me roll my eyes but like it or not he owns the network, I like to think Elon is attempting to unload the corpse of Twitter to New Corp. and for what it’s worth, they spent as much time on Bradly Cooper eating nachos as the did on those two reptiles.

All this to say your average regular season football game has none of the pomp. You’ll still get the refs fucking shit up though. At this point you just assume most of the bad calls shake out in the wash of the entire season.

Rihanna killed halftime though.

331245940_5879047425516004_1045533723561469684_n.png
I often forget that the MLS exists.

What if I told you that it will eventually be the 3rd most popular sport in the country. Not counting college.
Neat! As long as Baseball, Basketball, and Football still exists and the best players in the world still play in The MLB, NBA, and NFL I don’t really care about how popular they are.

My issue with the MLS is that the teams don’t have elite in their prime talent. If I am gonna watch soccer; which isn’t something I do regularly regardless, I would likely be watching the Premier League.

Neat! As long as Baseball, Basketball, and Football still exists and the best players in the world still play in The MLB, NBA, and NFL I don’t really care about how popular they are.

My issue with the MLS is that the teams don’t have elite in their prime talent. If I am gonna watch soccer; which isn’t something I do regularly regardless, I would likely be watching the Premier League.

I know it’s a lesser league compared to other football leagues throughout the world, but it will get there. MLS also has to compete with those leagues who might poach the “prime” talent that is here. NFL, NBA, and MLB don't have to worry about that.

I know it’s a lesser league compared to other football leagues throughout the world, but it will get there. MLS also has to compete with those leagues who might poach the “prime” talent that is here. NFL, NBA, and MLB don't have to worry about that.
I don’t think it will ever be an elite league personally and that is alright. Folks up here in Seattle absolutely love the Sounders regardless. It’s just not where I would invest my fandom personally.

Coming from an eagles fan who has finally finished coping, the ending was disappointing but whatever. What I'm still going back to over and over again is that if the teams/QB stat lines and final results were reversed, the losing QB would have been praised as one of the greatest Superbowl performers of all time despite the loss and the winning offensive coordinator would have been praised as scheming 3 wide open TDs for a middle tier QB.

Besides the field conditions which I will be furious about until they bury me

Back