The Dark Side; Digital audio equipment recommendations and setup.

I've been considering the Node for over a year....mainly to curb my vinyl addiction...my concern is sound quality, app integration, etc...and I am afraid I would just be spending money for nothing. I use AmazonHD/UltraHD for streaming music, but I also have a hard drive full of music/live shows, etc. On my infinite/unending quest on trying to convince myself to buy a Node, I saw someone mention the Andover. It looks very promising, has app support, and some say it sounds extremely close or the same as their Node. So now I've got to start going through all of the forum reviews, etc.

Amazon product ASIN B08LW2MCCD

I've been considering the Node for over a year....mainly to curb my vinyl addiction...my concern is sound quality, app integration, etc...and I am afraid I would just be spending money for nothing. I use AmazonHD/UltraHD for streaming music, but I also have a hard drive full of music/live shows, etc. On my infinite/unending quest on trying to convince myself to buy a Node, I saw someone mention the Andover. It looks very promising, has app support, and some say it sounds extremely close or the same as their Node. So now I've got to start going through all of the forum reviews, etc.

You can put all of your concern to rest as I can assure you that the Bluesound NODE's sound quality is excellent! No issues there whatsoever. As for the BluOS app it's not perfect by any means but it works and as long as you have Spotify Connect, Tidal etc. you're good to go, as you can bypass the main app which really only serves as a remote control.

With the harddrive full of music, Roon might be worth a look. But unfortunately I don't know that it supports Amazon for streaming music...

Wish the Qobuz app had "Qobuz Play," but I honestly don't mind having to use the BluOS for playback at all. I'll fire the album up on there, then head to the Qobuz app to see applicable info. BluOS also has a pretty nice display of the album art. So far, that minor inconvenience hasn't swayed me to pay $7 more a month for Tidal.

This is unit is still EU only but is Roon ready and built in Chromecast so it should handle AmazonHD I think

context for those without billboard subscriptions etc

context for those without billboard subscriptions etc
Apple always trying to wrestle control away from the consumer with marketing. Atmos and Spatial Audio are still very early in development and the recording industry is surely not on board with it yet for standard music.

Apple always trying to wrestle control away from the consumer with marketing. Atmos and Spatial Audio are still very early in development and the recording industry is surely not on board with it yet for standard music.
I haven't looked that much into Spatial, but it seems like a gimmick involving messing with a lot of phase timing, which could have some real impacts on tone. I'm sure it has a big initial "wow" factor for most people, but I don't see major labors, and especially not indie artist getting on board with it in large scale.

I'm sure it can be done right, but I don't think it'll be the new standard. That's my 2 cents.

Could be an interesting little streamer for about $100 CDN. I think I might pick one up and try it out with my powered bookshelf speakers in place my Sonos.
Amazon product ASIN B09HC5GRKY
I’ve been looking for an Airplay solution, as I’m considering moving from Spotify to Apple for streaming. Gonna look into this thing closely

Watched a couple of video reviews last night and the consensus seems to be a good little unit for $100. Not as good as a Bluesound, but only 1/6th the cost.

Looking at it and reading a bit I’ll be sticking with my pi I think, for similar money to this it offers more in terms of sample rate and options I’m still shocked at how good it sounds!

Back