The Dark Side; Digital audio equipment recommendations and setup.

Their IEMs all have very different sound signatures, I highly recommend going in and listening to a variety of them to get an idea of what you get. But I really dig them.

OK, I'll keep an eye out. I've been using these Shure 425's as earphones for a long time, so anything else would probably take some getting used to.

Yeah however...

-pushes glasses up on nose-

You're using Bluetooth which means the bandwidth is capped so you aren't getting true high res which my wired IEMs are.

-shoves self in locker-
I get that, but my ears don't itch, and if you are walking about does true high res even matter?

I imagine if I were to have kept working, I eventually would have ended up with one of them cool streamer/music player things and a good set of wired (and I could hook myself up with a dac and a wired connection with the B&Ws) headphones for travelling about, but I don't see that happening now that I am going to get off the employed boat.

I get that, but my ears don't itch, and if you are walking about does true high res even matter?

I imagine if I were to have kept working, I eventually would have ended up with one of them cool streamer/music player things and a good set of wired (and I could hook myself up with a dac and a wired connection with the B&Ws) headphones for travelling about, but I don't see that happening now that I am going to get off the employed boat.
Yeah I take a LOT of subways and buses. The high res really is magical, but honestly for me the biggest thing is I will lose wireless earbuds. 1000%.

I'll also say this, I don't care how goofy I look. I don't see myself going back to IEMs for daily drivers after getting the B&Ws.
This is kind of the debate I'm having as well, and ya, like @Mather, if their not wired I'm losing them in a week.

Drop has these on sale at the moment, any thought @Mather?

These are pushing the budget, we'll have to ponder a bit more, maybe just deal with my "kinky" Meze's :)

Back