The Crate Digging & Bargain Bin Finds Thread

Hit a thrift store today and found a few keepers. At this point in my collecting life, the vinyl has to look at least VG+ or I don't care how inexpensive it is, I'm passing. So this wasn't bad, even if the titles aren't all top-of-the line. The Stones jacket is the only one that really shows its age, but the 2 records look great. And I guess the Willie Nelson is the score of the lot, easy VG+/VG+ for an album that according to discogs has only three pressings. I got this one: Willie Nelson - Both Sides Now. Picked up a total of 9 albums for $11. (No idea why I opted for the Tiny Tim :rolleyes: .)

View attachment 134921
Tiny Tim should be great for parties Russ! 😊

Listening to it now. Quite the groove!
I think this was recorded right after Kooper and Bloomfield had worked with Dylan on Highway 61. You can definitely hear their chemistry together. Unrelated to that record (but more about Bloomfield's playing in general), I came across this little gem:

I think this was recorded right after Kooper and Bloomfield had worked with Dylan on Highway 61. You can definitely hear their chemistry together. Unrelated to that record (but more about Bloomfield's playing in general), I came across this little gem:

Cool video. Thanks for posting it.

Cool video. Thanks for posting it.
there's a longer video interview with GE that's totally worth youtubing -- he goes into working with Bowie, Dylan, Hall & Oates, he's done a million things.

Man, I hate that feeling haha!
When I lived in Vegas, I used to frequent the pawnshops quite a bit. They would have stacks of CDs a lot of times, so I'd go in there and start looking thru the stacks. Within a couple of minutes, there'd "suddenly" be 10 people hovering around the area, all interested in the CDs. I even had some folks @ times, try to grab stuff I set aside.

Used to annoy the crap outta me. They'd cut in front of me, reach for stuff just as I'm reaching for it.

My best 99c goodwill haul was back in 2015. I found a clean copy of David Bowies 'Heroes' when that was a really hard to find album at the time. Along with that were great copies of T. Rex 'The Slider', Talking Heads 'Speaking in Tongues' and I think some Stones and Dylan. Never see anything like that at goodwill now, and it seems a lot of them put popular albums in their more expensive glass cases now.
Good luck finding any half way decent records @ Goodwill's out here in Southern California, It's mostly junk, heavily scratched stuff out here. I stopped going.about a year and a half ago, no point.

For Jazz diggers keep a look out for the great Bill Evans Tony Bennett Duet albums in the bargain bins. Great stuff. I think I got my mint copy for $4 a while back
1649862348954.png

Last edited:
Visiting some dear friends on Hornby Island and was really looking forward to hitting up the library at the Free Store (which is part of their recycling depot for the island) - found a few great books and suddenly noticed a corner of records!! 🤯 Lots of the expected classical albums, James Last and odds and ends compilations, but a few sweet gems as well, including a decent haul of 80s 12" singles!

The Haul...

IMG_8248.jpg

The Highlights...

IMG_8249.jpg

Zero dollars well spent!

Visiting some dear friends on Hornby Island and was really looking forward to hitting up the library at the Free Store (which is part of their recycling depot for the island) - found a few great books and suddenly noticed a corner of records!! 🤯 Lots of the expected classical albums, James Last and odds and ends compilations, but a few sweet gems as well, including a decent haul of 80s 12" singles!

The Haul...

View attachment 135930

The Highlights...

View attachment 135931

Zero dollars well spent!
Nice! Those look like they're in great shape.

The Haul...

View attachment 135930

The Highlights...

View attachment 135931

Zero dollars well spent!
Mom, you did what ? You threw my childhood records in the attic out... :eek:

Back