The Crate Digging & Bargain Bin Finds Thread

This was a decent find. These 4 10" records were listed for £10 with little info, just 1 photo, and the promise that they were in "mint" condition. I'm always weary of statements like that (they very rarely are "Mint") but for that price I took a gamble.

They turned up yesterday and not only are they all original but they are indeed in fantastic condition (not mint, but no issues). A great score as the Bird & Diz alone can sell for a pretty penny.

IMG_1473.jpg

This was a decent find. These 4 10" records were listed for £10 with little info, just 1 photo, and the promise that they were in "mint" condition. I'm always weary of statements like that (they very rarely are "Mint") but for that price I took a gamble.

They turned up yesterday and not only are they all original but they are indeed in fantastic condition (not mint, but no issues). A great score as the Bird & Diz alone can sell for a pretty penny.

View attachment 179063
Some seminal stuff there. Nice score!

Some seminal stuff there. Nice score!
Im pretty chuffed with them, I expected them to be bashed up reissues to be honest.

I recently got the Charlie Parker Mercury & Clef 10" box which includes the Bird & Diz 10", but to have an original is pretty cool especially with the David Stone Martin artwork. The only other original albums with his art that I have is "The Magnificent Charlie Parker" and "Lester Young With The Oscar Peterson Trio".

The Ronnie Scott in this pile is fantastic too, I have a copy of that already but certainly not in as good condition as this one.

Small hit at a local thrift store today. All the vinyl is at least VG+ and the Stones, Dylan and Big Chill are NM-. Heck the Stones package overall is in sweet shape. Feels stupid to admit, but this kind of thing still gives me a rush. For all the Ray Coniff, Andy Williams, and low-budget classical records I see, it's always a big surprise to find something worth having.

SmallFind.jpg

Nice. What's the vinyl look like with this ice cream shop's dollar-bin records?
Always have to check condition. Often NM/VG+, but can also be heavily worn. He also has $5, $10, and higher prices. Killer jazz outside of my range.

the owner is a jazz nut.

upcoming drops that won’t be $1

Last edited:
Back