The Blue Note Thread

I agree. That album is a must listen.
Another great thing about that album is THE COVER.

I recognize very few artists by their work, but this style is easy to identify, and full of rich textures and imagination. It was done by the same guy (Mati Klarwein) that painted THIS and THIS, which I'm sure you know. And perhaps you know THIS ONE? Maybe even THIS POPULAR ROCK ONE HERE? Or if you are a Hendrix fan, THIS ONE. There are many more, like THIS ONE which I think is really cool, and a great rock/soul album to boot. The guy was just so talented and that style really appeals to me. Now that you see some, I bet you have others in your collection already.

Try this out and post what you get back. :)

hint: use musicians for the "names".

It was early on Sunday when Rudy Van Gelder arrived at Blue Note studios to record Eddie Vedder playing the triangle. Soon the rest of the musicians began to arrive. First, Billie Holiday pulled up ceremoniously in her purple Ferrari, with Prince in the passenger's seat. Rudy slapped outside and said Shit!! Everyone piled in the studio and there were about 666 people crammed in there, ready to jam. Billy Corgan slid behind the piano, and all started playing that jazz standard, "The Pit Bulls Who Coughed 38 Pistols Rudely.” When it came time to solo, everyone looked at the phantasmagorical microphone, which Rudy was holding surreptiously, and they just knew that take #69 would be the one that went down in history as the greatest session since the guitar was invented.

It was early on Sunday when Rudy Van Gelder arrived at Blue Note studios to record Eddie Vedder playing the triangle. Soon the rest of the musicians began to arrive. First, Billie Holiday pulled up ceremoniously in her purple Ferrari, with Prince in the passenger's seat. Rudy slapped outside and said Shit!! Everyone piled in the studio and there were about 666 people crammed in there, ready to jam. Billy Corgan slid behind the piano, and all started playing that jazz standard, "The Pit Bulls Who Coughed 38 Pistols Rudely.” When it came time to solo, everyone looked at the phantasmagorical microphone, which Rudy was holding surreptiously, and they just knew that take #69 would be the one that went down in history as the greatest session since the guitar was invented.
LOL!!

It means that Tone Poet and BN80 are not limited presses so don't panic, they will be available for a while ,
I checked with the Blue Note store, they said anything on their site not listed as limited should remain available for awhile, what that means I don't know because I want a lot fo these but just can't pay for them right now

Back