The Blue Note Thread

I mean, that could be well over $15-$20K easy, as he says the records themselves were well taken care of.

He said that if he sold each for $20 (which many of which are well above), he would have $6K…
Honestly, I imagine it would be a lot more than even that!

The thing with a lot of these records is that they come up for sale so rarely that the Discogs median isn't a good representation of their actual 'market value'. Even if he took the median Discogs sale price for every record I would have thought it would result in a figure under what he could actually get for them if he was to sell.

Just to think he got that for $100 is mind blowing 🤣

The thing with a lot of these records is that they come up for sale so rarely that the Discogs median isn't a good representation of their actual 'market value'. Even if he took the median Discogs sale price for every record I would have thought it would result in a figure under what he could actually get for them if he was to sell.

Knowing my luck, my collection will probably end up in a “hate sale” for like $50 like this deleted scene from High Fidelity. 😂

@AnthonyI

@AnthonyI
Literally just dropped the needle on my copy 2 minutes ago and came here and saw this. Chet Baker day hurray!

Ngl I would’ve felt so guilty paying even $500 for that lol

@AnthonyI
I felt used paying $50 for it but oh well 🤷‍♂️

to think he knew he was taking advantage of the seller is even more mind blowing - getting a deal is one thing but flexing your haul when you took advantage of someone's lack of knowledge or urgency to sell doesn't make you cool, it makes you an asshole...

the reality of records is that there's no more real digging because people can easily find out what something is worth, seller beware, but really that's bad karma...and the deleted scene from High Fidelity speaks to that...

to think he knew he was taking advantage of the seller is even more mind blowing - getting a deal is one thing but flexing your haul when you took advantage of someone's lack of knowledge or urgency to sell doesn't make you cool, it makes you an asshole...

the reality of records is that there's no more real digging because people can easily find out what something is worth, seller beware, but really that's bad karma...and the deleted scene from High Fidelity speaks to that...
Totally agree.

Totally agree.

Yeah, this is my feeling as well. It would be a difficult situation to stumble into because the voices of good and evil would be competing fiercely with one another, but there's got to be some effort to be fair and honest about it. Must admit though that I'm not sure exactly what that might look like. And I don't know the details of this particular circumstance because I can't even bring myself to flip through the entire post. I'd be too envious, and that would just exacerbate the conflict in my own head about it.

I mean, we are jumping to some conclusions here... it could have been a blind estate box or an auction on a mixed lot. It could have been "hey, kiddo, I have some records for you." "I can't take these from you. They're worth thousands." "I ain't got time for that, give me a hundred and that set of tires over there."

I mean, we are jumping to some conclusions here... it could have been a blind estate box or an auction on a mixed lot. It could have been "hey, kiddo, I have some records for you." "I can't take these from you. They're worth thousands." "I ain't got time for that, give me a hundred and that set of tires over there."
Absolutely. And it's more interesting as a theoretical discussion anyway. (Plus, as I said, I didn't even read the post in question!)

@AnthonyI

Shipping costs to Europe are not that bad. Might grab a copy of Chet and Nigeria. Haven't seen any shop selling these reissues here.

EDIT: no discount code working?

Last edited:
Back