The Blue Note Thread

I'll be losing the dupe blue train 75th anniversary but forgot to remove before I took screen shots...

I also have Grey Market copies of Something Else (waxtime) and Moanin' (jazz images) that didn't show up. Blue Train Mono TP doesn't show up in the everything Blue Note.

Had a count myself and was really surprised.

35 Tone Poets with a total of 216 Blue Notes. My 200th record was 'Anthony Williams - Life Time'.

When the TP's first came out I was finding deals regularly and was paying under £20 for a lot of them, but ever since 'Herbie Hancock - The Prisoner' (there was a pause in releases at this point) I don't seem to be seeing them as regularly.

Had a count myself and was really surprised.

35 Tone Poets with a total of 216 Blue Notes. My 200th record was 'Anthony Williams - Life Time'.

When the TP's first came out I was finding deals regularly and was paying under £20 for a lot of them, but ever since 'Herbie Hancock - The Prisoner' (there was a pause in releases at this point) I don't seem to be seeing them as regularly.
I used to buy every Tone Poet but have kinda stopped too, especially after the list price went up. Can still find quite a few for deals here but it just got a bit hard for me to keep track of all the releases with all the other jazz reissue series going on at the same time.

I used to buy every Tone Poet but have kinda stopped too, especially after the list price went up. Can still find quite a few for deals here but it just got a bit hard for me to keep track of all the releases with all the other jazz reissue series going on at the same time.
I agree, that first year I bought just about everything. They all sounded fantastic for the most part but a lot got lost in the shuffle as I bought So many records at once.

I wound up spending WAY too much time messing around with Discogs last night after I saw your post, but I think I managed to filter out all the non-Blue Note and non-jazz Blue Note releases.

Looks like I total out at 492, including albums in box sets...

View attachment 151824
View attachment 151827
View attachment 151837
View attachment 151838View attachment 151839
Egads, man! That's a lot! :D

Took the easy way out and just searched my collection for "Blue Note jazz." Came up with 145, 15 of which are Japan pressings, 36 TP and 19 BNC. I'm not completely confident this is all of them, but it's good enough for now.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 2.45.47 PM.png

My mono Blue Train from uDiscover played great until the drum solo on last track, then . . . Skip. It was actually hard to tell at first bc it was skipping in a way that sounded like he was repeating a beat pattern within the solo!

Man it is worth the wait... it cranks hard and no distortion.
I turned off all tone controls. Zero need to adjust bass or treble.
I'm waiting for the mono to arrive, but these reviews are making me think I should order the stereo as well. If any album warrants both....

Back