The Blue Note Thread

Are they committing to repressing and keeping all tone poets in print?

They'll all get re-pressed and are currently 'in print' but they will go out of print at some point. I expect if there are any titles that don't sell well they will not be in print for too long. Many of the earlier titles have already been re-pressed.

They'll all get re-pressed and are currently 'in print' but they will go out of print at some point. I expect if there are any titles that don't sell well they will not be in print for too long. Many of the earlier titles have already been re-pressed.

From that early run the one I'm missing but I would like is Kenny Burrell. I had that one on order at a local retailer when they had a 3 for 2 but I guess it must have been on back order as they could never fulfill it.

From that early run the one I'm missing but I would like is Kenny Burrell. I had that one on order at a local retailer when they had a 3 for 2 but I guess it must have been on back order as they could never fulfill it.

I'm sure it will get another press, but might be a while.

Are they committing to repressing and keeping all tone poets in print?
Just to add to what has already been said, yes they have committed to repressing all of the albums. Joe Harley has stated it a few times and explained that the only reason some are out of print currently is because of the insanely backed up pressing plants.

Some people have paid silly money for some of them (Chet Baker Sings seems to be the biggest culprit) but I would recommend just waiting unless it’s something that you feel like you want urgently.

I would recommend just waiting unless it’s something that you feel like you want urgently.

Yeah the great thing about this series along with the classics and 80th releases is there's so much great stuff available so it's not really like anything is urgent for me.

I was able to remove a bunch of stuff from my discogs wantlist thanks to this initiative.

Looks like pre-orders are rolling in for the Ornette Coleman box (released 28th Jan).

My local has it listed at £230 and 1 per customer.

As I mentioned before, I wont be getting it as I have a few of them already but I'm interested to hear some reviews. Anyone here getting a copy?

Looks like pre-orders are rolling in for the Ornette Coleman box (released 28th Jan).

My local has it listed at £230 and 1 per customer.

As I mentioned before, I wont be getting it as I have a few of them already but I'm interested to hear some reviews. Anyone here getting a copy?
Doug at Paladin @Ethos99 has a great price in the PBC thread if anyone is interested.

FWIW, Caramba and Inner Urge are both up on the Blue Note site, which has a 20% off going through January 9th. These two are $20.78 each, past classics are $19.98.

Ooooh. How about the Blue Note 80th/Classic Vinyl releases? How’s the cardboard stock on the jackets?
Not as good as the Tone Poets, but still good. The BN 80/Classics series were meant to be more of a cheaper option but still the quality is high. Other than a few pressings issues, they have been good quality.

Back