The Blue Note Thread

I wish they'd press/repress on vinyl a whole load more of their modern stuff eg Nduduzo Makhathini, James Francies - Flight, Takuya Kuroda - Rising Son, Kendrick Scott Oracle etc etc. They've clearly got an amazing vault but they should make sure they don't miss out on the modern scene completely.
Man, the latest Kentrick Scott album definitely deserves a quality vinyl release.

Anyone know where there still might be a copy of BN Classic Sidewinder at regular price please kindly pm me
(I have looked in the usual places). Or will have to wait on a repress hopefully.

Oh my god I mean it last sold for over $200 USD. For that price DayMather might even consider it. I mean I'm sure these get repressed...

I'm certainly considering it. They're bound to get repressed, I can't see that anyone would pay that much for it though. I got a call from the garage this afternoon, I think I need to sell 10 copies :)

unfortunately, I only bought one. Are any off the other TPs going for silly money?

Still kicking myself for not grabbing the Tone Poet Chet Baker Sings.............talk me out or in to spending $140 on a sealed copy.
Just wait, mate. They aren't limited and have been repressing albums in the past so if the demand is there it will get a repress. Its a great record and pressing, but definitely not worthy of that amount of money.

Cogs is weird man... the Dead box has sold for up to $600 USD numerous times and it's currently still available for like $450 through Acoustic Sounds..
I always find it crazy how people stick to one website for buying records. I remember losing a bid on a jazz record on eBay that went for £155 (way over my £10 bid). After it sold I popped over to discogs and bought a copy for £10. Madness

Yeah definitely don’t pay more than $40 for Chet Baker Sings. It will get repressed, probably by summer I imagine. Do you guys think that’s the best selling Tone Poet? I wonder what the numbers look like from the past year.
Cornbread seems to have been selling good too. So did Et cetera (seen them out of stock and then back in stock and again OSS several times already). I hope the TP will keep being in print.

FYI, I wouldn't hold my breath for a summer re-print. The next TP have just been pushed back several month from their initial release date, so these older titles might have to wait a bit longer.

Back