The Blue Note Thread

Haha yeah, although I have several other pressings of the Classics series, so probably won't get too many of those.

Have more titles from the Acoustic Sounds series been announced? Got the ones I wanted from the first run, except for Sarah Vaughan with Clifford Brown.
There’s 2 Bill Evans titles announced that are not yet on their website. Besides that I don’t think there’s more ?

Haha yeah, although I have several other pressings of the Classics series, so probably won't get too many of those.

Have more titles from the Acoustic Sounds series been announced? Got the ones I wanted from the first run, except for Sarah Vaughan with Clifford Brown.

Aside from the ones we know about forthcoming (Study in Brown, Sarah Vaughan, Black Coffee, New York NY, Trio 64, Trio 65) it is rumored that they are gonna do Ray Charles' Genius + Soul = Jazz and Gil Evans' Out of the Cool.

Highly recommend this BN80. Perfect pressing, excellent mastering, poly-lined inner sleeve. Grant Green's playing on Plaza de Toros is just nuts. View attachment 80264
More Larry Young stuff needs to get reissued. He had some great records! Lawrence of Newark especially, though that’s not Blue Note.

I received the BN Classics for Sidewinder and Real McCoy yesterday. These should be my last 2 Blue Note titles for 2020, so I thought I would do an instagram post with all the BN items I bought this year. Then I did a count and said "hell no, my wife will see that!"
Smart move. Strangely, despite Covid hitting my income, and maybe because Covid gave me more time on my hands, I have bought more records this year than any in a long time. Not a bad thing, but I am having a hard time with all the boxes coming in.

Smart move. Strangely, despite Covid hitting my income, and maybe because Covid gave me more time on my hands, I have bought more records this year than any in a long time. Not a bad thing, but I am having a hard time with all the boxes coming in.
Same.

My wife works 2 weekdays a week. But do you think I ever get delivery on those days? Nope.

Same.

My wife works 2 weekdays a week. But do you think I ever get delivery on those days? Nope.

Didn't realize this was still in stock (or back in stock)!
That's been tempting me for a while, but I think I'm gonna hold out for the BN Classics of this title scheduled for 2021. These AP 45s are great and all (have a bunch of the other G. Green pressings from Acoustic Sounds), but sometimes I'd rather only get up once per album. :)

That's been tempting me for a while, but I think I'm gonna hold out for the BN Classics of this title scheduled for 2021. These AP 45s are great and all (have a bunch of the other G. Green pressings from Acoustic Sounds), but sometimes I'd rather only get up once per album. :)
Yea I'll do the same I think! The APs are very nice though. I haven't picked up any of the BN Classics yet! I went on a huge jazz binge the last two years and taking a little bit of a break/buying albums I truly love haha.

Bit of a deal for UK peeps. The pre-order for the John Schofield TP ( I can see your house from here), has been priced as a single record. The same as The Rajah £32.99

Amazon are price matching for those who think the Blue Note store might not come through with the goods:

Amazon product ASIN B08GLSST9P

Now that Christmas vinyl can be put away, I broke out the new Blue Note Classics version of Lee Morgan's The Sidewinder. This sounds heavenly. I can't wait for The Real McCoy to come in later this week. If this is the quality we're going to get with these Classics releases then I cannot wait to add more of them to my collection.

Now that Christmas vinyl can be put away, I broke out the new Blue Note Classics version of Lee Morgan's The Sidewinder. This sounds heavenly. I can't wait for The Real McCoy to come in later this week. If this is the quality we're going to get with these Classics releases then I cannot wait to add more of them to my collection.
No kidding! I have Speak No Evil preordered for January and would have picked up that Horace Silver too but I purchased a previous AAA European press of it in 2020.

Back