The Blue Note Thread

Thanks for sharing this. I tend to dip in and out of the Hoffman thread but it moves at such speed stuff often gets buried.

Whilst im here, if anyone knows of a good UK/European deal on the following Tone Poets it would be much appreciated:
Gil Evans – New Bottle Old Wine
Joe Henderson – The State of the Tenor: Live at the Village Vanguard, Volume 2
Lee Morgan – Cornbread

Cheers

Think we’re all in the same boat. Received the Glamoured Tone Poet from ravewaves on eBay (no customs charges) at a much reduced price than the madness that is being peddled on Amazon!

Caved in and ordered my first BN80. I preordered Open Seaseme, and I'm struggling real hard not to go back for Dexter Gordon and Johnny Griffin.
I almost want to get Open Sesame just because it’s 33 RPM and the MM I have is 45. The Dexter Gordon sounds fantastic but the record is a touch noisy in spots. Definitely not bad though. I feel like I’ll eventually get all of them haha!

Caved in and ordered my first BN80. I preordered Open Seaseme, and I'm struggling real hard not to go back for Dexter Gordon and Johnny Griffin.
They're such good value - you're practically saving money by buying these! I've got Dexter and Herbie and they both sound great. Griffin and Hubbard both preordered....Not sure why I went with first names for the first part and surnames for the last but I think I'll keep it semi formal until I receive those records.

I almost want to get Open Sesame just because it’s 33 RPM and the MM I have is 45. The Dexter Gordon sounds fantastic but the record is a touch noisy in spots. Definitely not bad though. I feel like I’ll eventually get all of them haha!
These aren't supposed to be limited, right? I mean, if I have to choose (of course I'll have to), it's safer to get the Tone Poets I want first, and leave the BN80 releases for later, right?

Thanks to (I believe it was...) @Doctor_of_Jazz for the heads up on the MM Reverb sale. Snagged these two for around $40 each shipped in perfect condition. They sound beautiful. Slowly but surely adding to my MM collection...up to 5 now.

View attachment 4578
Yep, that was me. Glad to hear they sound as good as they look!

Got Our Man In Paris by Dexter Gordon for $12 on Amazon. This thing is so choice. Just a great ensemble. So glad I did the VMP Anthology because it's led to a lot more Blue Note purchases. I need to comb through this thread and see what other ones I need to get.
I'm saving up for the Music Matters version of that one (or an early pressing) since I don't own it on vinyl yet. It's a fantastic album.

I'm saving up for the Music Matters version of that one (or an early pressing) since I don't own it on vinyl yet. It's a fantastic album.
Same. I have to replace this and a bunch of other 75th Anniversary pressings with MM or other quality versions. One Flight Up needs to be replaced as that pressing is horrible and is probably my favorite Dexter album. Speak No Evil is proving hard to find.

Also, received my next two Anthology albums today which thankfully came through completely unscathed this time. The first wave of my big buying spree came in as well. Interesting that Music Matters always ships the slowest even though they charge the most for shipping. Not that I should complain since I ordered enough for free shipping and have a backlog of records at least 12 deep at the moment that I haven't listened to yet.

There are a ton of MM and mfsl/MOFI jazz albums for sale by funkyousounds on ebay right now. Looks like everything closes by Sunday 12p (central).
I'm watching two right now. I will probably pretend that I may have a chance until Sunday late morning when I will remove it from my watch list. It always feels so hopeful until the last few hours. :)

Back