The 2023 Record Store Day Help Thread For Those Mourning Taylor Swift's Breakup

Vinyl Cup has a few (this one is the Des Moines link):

@Yer Ol' Uncle D

It shows available here, too

Got one. Appreciate you, friends.

I’m a little surprised that MMW has been so hard to get, especially bc it’s an “RSD First,” but if anyone sees one, please let me know.

If “RSD First” is accurate and it’s repressed (no guarantee of that), I’ll be fine picking it up when the next press comes out if I can’t find the RSD release, but RSD is already a confirmed good pressing, and that’s worth something to me even though Real Gone has been reliably consistent.
I bet it gets repressed Real Gone isn’t afraid of repressing things in different colors.

I bet it gets repressed Real Gone isn’t afraid of repressing things in different colors.

I expect that you're right. That said, I'm happy that I picked it up.

I actually reached out to Real Gone about if they would repress MMW, even on black. Their verbatim response:

"It's possible. Have to see what happens with the market for the RSD pressing"

I hope it happens, easily my favorite MMW and the only one I would want to own on this format.

7pm pst
Thank you. Got one. There seem to be more in stock.
EDIT - there were more but now gone

I actually reached out to Real Gone about if they would repress MMW, even on black. Their verbatim response:

"It's possible. Have to see what happens with the market for the RSD pressing"

I hope it happens, easily my favorite MMW and the only one I would want to own on this format.

In case you're still looking, I messaged you

One disheartening thing I've noticed about this RSD is how many shops have things priced up at the retail level for folks like you and me. It's like they're trying to flip the flippers and they consider us all flippers.
Definitely part of the reason I'm not making any purchases out of curiosity is the prices. Why take a risk on some 40 or 50 dollar record?

Definitely part of the reason I'm not making any purchases out of curiosity is the prices. Why take a risk on some 40 or 50 dollar record?

Agreed. And with that said, pretty much everything recognizable is sold out at retail everywhere you look and ridiculously priced everywhere on the secondary market.

Example - Warren Zevon - The Wind.

This is a RSD First, not a super limited one time only record, on black vinyl, not the pretty little colors with a number on the jacket to make you feel special, and a single LP that was priced $33+ everywhere I saw it listed. Now they're all pretty much high $90s if not triple digits on Ebay and Discogs. It's just nuts.

Sometimes I wish I didn't have any emotional attachment to the music and the physical media and I could just coldly sell my entire collection while market pricing is so ridiculously overblown.

But emotion - that's where the music gets you and that's what makes it the best. And records - that's where the industry gets you and that's what makes owning the music like heroin.

Last edited:
Agreed. And with that said, pretty much everything recognizable is sold out at retail everywhere you look and ridiculously priced everywhere on the secondary market.

Example - Warren Zevon - The Wind.

This is a RSD First, not a super limited one time only record, on black vinyl, not the pretty little colors with a number on the jacket to make you feel special, and a single LP that was priced $33+ everywhere I saw it listed. Now they're all pretty much high $90s if not triple digits on Ebay and Discogs. It's just nuts.

Sometimes I wish I didn't have any emotional attachment to the music and the physical media and I could just coldly sell my entire collection while market pricing is so ridiculously overblown.

But emotion - that's where the music gets you and that's what makes it the best. And records - that's where the industry gets you and that's what makes owning the music like heroin.
Word.

One disheartening thing I've noticed about this RSD is how many shops have things priced up at the retail level for folks like you and me. It's like they're trying to flip the flippers and they consider us all flippers.

I’ve seen several record stores, including two well regarded local ones, price records at flipper levels on Discogs. And I don’t even mean the high MSRP plus 20% ( which to your point has been a lot more common too) but more like 2x+.

Back