Television

This this this. But moreso after tonight's episode!
oh shit that’s why initially wandered over here!

just watched it. very much enjoyed tonight’s episode! sad that next week is the finally. i kept thinking it was 10 episodes because that’s what imdb shows, til you click on the details and see the “10th” is just the s2e1 placeholder.

Definitely Succession for sure.

Also, I hope everyone gives the new season of Perry Mason a shot (it starts tomorrow). The first season made for some compelling television.

Planning on it. The Americans if very close to my heart so I always meant to get to S1.

Also Ramsey fucking killed it (literally) tonight.

I love Barry but but I think it loses some clout, from a pop culture standpoint because it’s extensively viewed as a “Comedy”.

I mean, Atlanta is a top 10 show of all-time for me. As is Louie. And I adore dramadies ranging from Dave, White Lotus, The Bear, The Boys, ext.

I just feel like the dramatic beats don't always land for me in Barry, and it's tonally uneven in places imo. And I'm a big fan of Hader in dramtatic roles (ala The Skeleton Key) so it's definitely not him.

Last edited:
I thought last night’s episode was the finale of The Last of Us, so I’m just excited there’s still one more.

Also as far as Barry goes, I wasn’t super high on it till season 2. And I think season 3 was kind of brilliant for how it subverted expectations and delivered the next step of the story.

This this this. But moreso after tonight's episode!

The Last of Us just gets better and better. Seriously trying to think of the last time HBO made a show where each week was compelling without a bit of drop off. True Detective Season 1?

My god, what another fantastic episode last night. Bella for the Emmy?
"Tell them that Ellie is the little girl that broke your FUCKING FINGER!!"

I read these books (Wool is the name of the first one) they were pretty interesting, I'm interested in seeing how the show adapts it.

Welp, time to dust of my half-finished copy of Wool. I loved the prologue but I struggled to maintain interest with the rest. Def had the feeling it was destined for the screen though. It's a great premise.

Definitely Succession for sure.

Also, I hope everyone gives the new season of Perry Mason a shot (it starts tomorrow). The first season made for some compelling television.
Ooo, thanks for the reminder on Perry Mason. Loved the first season, though I think they wasted Tatiana Maslany

Welp, time to dust of my half-finished copy of Wool. I loved the prologue but I struggled to maintain interest with the rest. Def had the feeling it was destined for the screen though. It's a great premise.
It has it's issues, but the world it builds is really cool. I really wish the author had written more than just the three books. I wanted more by the end of the series.

If anyone's looking for a nice fast dramedy, I recommend Community Squad on Netflix. I binged it pretty quickly. It's based in Buenos Aires. It's about the city's attempt to try and expand on diversity and inclusion in their police by hiring people with disabilities and/or minorities to do minor safety work and pr things. I thought it was really funny and well done for a quick show. Well worth the watch imo.

Watched the Pilot episode of Superstore and what the hell was that? It had no substance, no backstory, just goofy characters going through seemingly unconnected scenes. It’s like they crammed a season’s worth of ideas into a single episode. Does it get better?

I watched the second episode. It wasn’t amazing, but it was significantly better with a set storyline. I might stick with it idk
Update: midway through season 2 and I'm loving it. I still think the pilot episode was terrible but it got significantly better as it went on. Pretty much every character is hilarious, tons of laugh out loud moments. Dina is basically Dwight and Glenn is like a tamer Michael Scott.

Update: midway through season 2 and I'm loving it. I still think the pilot episode was terrible but it got significantly better as it went on. Pretty much every character is hilarious, tons of laugh out loud moments. Dina is basically Dwight and Glenn is like a tamer Michael Scott.

There are also some great side characters as it goes on, like Sandra and Marcus

Back