Television

I'm going to try to avoid letting Andor raise my expectations of what a Star Wars show can be and just enjoy the Mando and Grogu Adventure Hour.
This is the right attitude to have. It's not going to be Andor. It's laser swords, flying jetpack guys with helmets, giant monsters, and obvious cartoonish villains that set the heroes along their journey. It's not looking to be an adult Star Wars. It's looking to be a fun Star Wars.

I'm scared to watch it after all the bad reviews 😬

I'm sick of reviews when it comes to Star Wars or MCU - I'm gonna either enjoy it or not enjoy it of my own volition.
I find so many "reviewers" more annoying than whatever stupid little things they're choosing to complain about most of the time anyway.

I'm sick of reviews when it comes to Star Wars or MCU - I'm gonna either enjoy it or not enjoy it of my own volition.
I find so many "reviewers" more annoying than whatever stupid little things they're choosing to complain about most of the time anyway.
I hate when people try and review it like it's some piece of fine cinema. All I want is to be entertained for 1-3 hours. If there's a plot hole here and there, some sloppy dialogue or a poor choice of character development I don't really care.

Sometimes Star Wars and MCU fans think they're too smart for their own good when they post reviews.

Last edited:
I hate when people try and review it like it's some piece of fine cinemas. All I want is to be entertained for 1-3 hours. If there's a plot hole here and there, some sloppy dialogue or a poor choice of character development I don't really care.

Sometimes Star Wars and MCU fans think they're too smart for their own good when they post reviews.

So much this!

The MCU Fandom has become as toxic as the Star Wars Fandom has been for a long time now, and that's a very sad thing.

So much this!

The MCU Fandom has become as toxic as the Star Wars Fandom has been for a long time now, and that's a very sad thing.

Young Adult book fandoms are just as toxic. Just look at The Mortal Instruments City of Bones.

Great movie, and one of the most true to book adaptations of YA Books made. But the fandom found every they changed, called out everything omitted and were angry. The rated the movie very very poorly and it resulted in a box office disaster on what was expected to be a block buster. The sequel, which was already green lighted before the first movie came out was canceled just two weeks or so after City of Bones debuted in theaters.

10 years ago after the success of Harry Potter, Twilight and the Hunger Games, movie studios tried to bring several other YA Books to film. And they all flopped. Their fan base were alienated by their self reviews. And these films didn't have the same kind of cross over with adults as Twilight, Harry Potter and the hunger games had. Since 2015 or so, most movie studios now avoid YA book adaptations.

Young Adult book fandoms are just as toxic. Just look at The Mortal Instruments City of Bones.

Great movie, and one of the most true to book adaptations of YA Books made. But the fandom found every they changed, called out everything omitted and were angry. The rated the movie very very poorly and it resulted in a box office disaster on what was expected to be a block buster. The sequel, which was already green lighted before the first movie came out was canceled just two weeks or so after City of Bones debuted in theaters.

10 years ago after the success of Harry Potter and Twilight, movie studios tried to bring several other YA Books to film. And they all flopped. Their fan base were alienated by their self reviews. And these films didn't have the same kind of cross over with adults as Twilight and Harry Potter had. Since 2015 or so, most movie studios now avoid YA book adaptations.
Social Media and the internet has made people think their opinions matter more than they actually do.

Growing up, I always read Roger Ebert's reviews, and I always appreciated his willingness to review movies for what they were (if it's a dumb action movie, is it a good dumb action movie?), and I try to appreciate things the same way. Like, with Marvel and Star Wars, I have a certain baseline hope for fun and a good story with cool characters, and I'm really happy when something goes above and beyond that, but I also don't expect it each time, because that's not how these kinds of things work.

Growing up, I always read Roger Ebert's reviews, and I always appreciated his willingness to review movies for what they were (if it's a dumb action movie, is it a good dumb action movie?), and I try to appreciate things the same way. Like, with Marvel and Star Wars, I have a certain baseline hope for fun and a good story with cool characters, and I'm really happy when something goes above and beyond that, but I also don't expect it each time, because that's not how these kinds of things work.
Exactly, is it successful in what it’s aiming to accomplish? If the answer is yes then the project is probably worthwhile.

Exactly, is it successful in what it’s aiming to accomplish? If the answer is yes then the project is probably worthwhile.
The flip side is sometimes I see people wield that same logic as a cudgel against criticism. “Stop expecting entertainment to be art,” or “so what? Fun is fun,” even when the very complaint is the lack of fun or entertainment.

The flip side is sometimes I see people wield that same logic as a cudgel against criticism. “Stop expecting entertainment to be art,” or “so what? Fun is fun,” even when the very complaint is the lack of fun or entertainment.
Oh I agree with that too. The scope of the criticism matters. If a movie or show is boring or poorly executed for someone to come back with “who cares? It’s not high art” response it doesn’t really hold water but if people are improperly judging a property against something it never claimed to be then yeah it’s a bit unfair too.

Back