Television

Just started Dark Winds and it seems promising so far!
AMC Networks has greenlighted Western noir thriller series Dark Winds, based on the popular Leaphorn & Chee book series by Tony Hillerman, for AMC and AMC+. Created and executive produced by Graham Roland (Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan), the series stars Zahn McClarnon (Westworld), who also is an executive producer, and Kiowa Gordon (Roswell, New Mexico) as Navajo Tribal Police Officers Joe Leaphorn and Jim Chee, respectively.
Executive producing the AMC Studios series are Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin, who resides in Santa Fe, NM; Robert Redford, who has produced two screen adaptations of Hilleman’s Leaphorn & Chee books, The Dark Wind and Skinwalkers; Tina Elmo (The Mustang); and Vince Gerardis (GoT). Vince Calandra (Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan) is executive producer and showrunner. Chris Eyre, who directed Skinwalkers and also was the first Native American to win a DGA Award for Directorial Achievement in Children’s Programs, will direct the pilot and will also executive produce.

Worth sticking with it? Zahn McClarnon deserves a starring vehicle worthy of his talents.
Yes! I'm all caught up with the show and can't wait for the season finale next Sunday!

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds isn't perfect, but damn if it isn't Star Trek. Holy crap I've missed that "issue of the week" exploration format. I'm only 3 episodes in, but It may overtake Voyager in my rankings if stays this decent.
I'm hearing this almost enough to make me want to sign up for Paramount+.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds isn't perfect, but damn if it isn't Star Trek. Holy crap I've missed that "issue of the week" exploration format. I'm only 3 episodes in, but It may overtake Voyager in my rankings if stays this decent.
I'm almost afraid to ask you where Voyager stands in your rankings.

I'm almost afraid to ask you where Voyager stands in your rankings.
TNG
Enterprise (I know, I know, but Commander Trip carried it)
DS9
Voyager
TOS (It wasn't my first, so it's originality doesn't carry a lot of weight with me)
Picard (disappointment)
Discovery (hot garbage)

I'm stunned that this dude is still taking that kind of role after finally finding purchase in Fargo, Westworld, Reservation Dogs, and other high-profile titles of the last several years. I mean, he stars in his own prestigey AMC show. I do not want to see him share the screen with Kevin goddamn Sorbo.
Because he knows the 1 in 1 out rule will turn against him soon enough.

By which I do NOT mean the upcoming "film" Ghostkiller, in which "Kyle Ghostkiller, heir to an ancient medicine bundle and falsely accused of murder, escapes the FBI and time jumps to 1862 where he must save 38 ancestors from hanging and stop a supernatural dark force from destroying the future," co-starring Tara Reid and Kevin Sorbo.

I'm stunned that this dude is still taking that kind of role after finally finding purchase in Fargo, Westworld, Reservation Dogs, and other high-profile titles of the last several years. I mean, he stars in his own prestigey AMC show. I do not want to see him share the screen with Kevin goddamn Sorbo.
Now I kinda want to change my username to @Kyle Ghostkiller.

Well, I finished The Bear last night.

What an absolute joy of a series, I absolutely loved it. I have a fascination with all things kitchen/chef based (I read Anthony Bourdain's 'Kitchen Confidential' once a year) and this really seemed to capture the frenzy (organised chaos) of what I imagine a commercial kitchen to be. Thats before we even get into the emotional side of the story and characters.

Really, really enjoyable and I'm certainly going to be rewatching.

MV5BMmZmMjgyOTUtZjljMS00NjhlLTkzMmItM2EyMzY5NzU0NzFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjIzMTEyNDk@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

Actually, for those that have seen the last episode of The Bear I would love you get some input regarding the final scene...

Im a bit confused about the money in the cans. I know Mikey took the loan from Cicero which happened to line-up with the payments made to KBL. Its assumed that Mikey spent the loan but in reality he saved it in the cans. So who are KBL (as in why are payments being made) and if the loan wasnt being used to make the payments then was it a case of Mikey hoarding the loan, but then using profits from the Original Beef to pay off KBL (I also remember a few references to cost being cut, ie the lack of napkins). If this is the case then I guess we are going to find out who KBL are in another season? Or just to assume its the mob?

Last edited:
Well, I finished The Bear last night.

What an absolute joy of a series, I absolutely loved it. I have a fascination with all things kitchen/chef based (I read Anthony Bourdain's 'Kitchen Confidential' once a year) and this really seemed to capture the frenzy (organised chaos) of what I imagine a commercial kitchen to be. Thats before we even get into the emotional side of the story and characters.

Really, really enjoyable and I'm certainly going to be rewatching.

View attachment 145864
I love the actor who plays Richie. I've only seen him in this and Girls, and I don't know if he has a ton of range as an actor, but he is excellent at doing the specific thing he's asked to do here.

Back