Television

What is The Bear anyway? I’ve seen ads online but not a trailer or anything. I have no idea what it is.

Also we started up Mythic Quest the other day and are almost done with season one. I watched the first few eps back when it premiered but I never finished. Why? No idea. It’s a pretty solid show that is pretty consistently funny. Also the standalone episode in the middle of the season was perfect.
My non-spoiler response is a fine dining chef returns to Chicago to run his family sandwich shop. But it's oh so much more than that.

Here's the trailer

What is The Bear anyway? I’ve seen ads online but not a trailer or anything. I have no idea what it is.

Also we started up Mythic Quest the other day and are almost done with season one. I watched the first few eps back when it premiered but I never finished. Why? No idea. It’s a pretty solid show that is pretty consistently funny. Also the standalone episode in the middle of the season was perfect.

Fun fact: C.W. Longbottom is Khonshu.

My non-spoiler response is a fine dining chef returns to Chicago to run his family sandwich shop. But it's oh so much more than that.

Here's the trailer

I think I'll give it a shot. Looks pretty different than other stuff on right now.

Great piece on The Bear along with a glossary-cum-exposition written by someone with a lot of kitchen experience. That part is full of spoilers but there is a warning prior.

Finished up the second season of The Flight Attendant and liked it a lot. Kaley Cuoco is fantastic.

I've been catching some of the different episodes of Game of Thrones HBO has been airing so I decided I should just give the whole thing a rewatch. Almost done with season one. Crazy to think aired ten years ago and holds up. So good.

Finished the Game of Thrones re-watch last night.
I'm satisfied with the ending this time through. I don't recall being in the 'hated it' camp back when it came out, but this time I was much less concerned about how they ended it, if that makes sense.
I guess I'll go spoiler tag just in case....

Drogon frying the Iron Throne was fantastic, and very satisfying this time. Like, 'all this shit for THAT fucking thing?'
And, Dany saw the destroyed throne room, or something very similar, in the House of the Undying. Not sure I caught that last time.

Finished the Game of Thrones re-watch last night.
I'm satisfied with the ending this time through. I don't recall being in the 'hated it' camp back when it came out, but this time I was much less concerned about how they ended it, if that makes sense.
I guess I'll go spoiler tag just in case....

Drogon frying the Iron Throne was fantastic, and very satisfying this time. Like, 'all this shit for THAT fucking thing?'
And, Dany saw the destroyed throne room, or something very similar, in the House of the Undying. Not sure I caught that last time.

I think the extreme reaction to GoT ending was a mixture of sadness that it was ending , and disappointment that for the 1st time ever it did what we saw coming , but didn’t want to happen ! Fair play that we didn’t get the happy ending , but a correct ending ...my only criticism was that the final season felt a bit rushed ..needed a few more episodes imo
Personally I think it’s one of the greatest tv shows ever

Back