Sutherland Club House

The Little Loco has a new big brother in the pipeline, the Loco Duo which replaces the original Loco. The Little has been so successful Ron has taken the design to a higher level and then installed it in two cases. Several interesting design features.
Also just heard that black faceplates will be available for most models very soon.
The Loco Duo replaces the Phono Loco or the Little Loco Mk2 ?

Dos Loco Phono Duo! Whew!

I’m out of the phono market until the second child gets through college, and shes’s just a high school sophomore!

Counting on you guys to help me live vicariously!
They no longer make ‘em like they used to. Just keep in mind that everything produced between now and say, the next 7 or so years will be crap.

I think @HiFi Guy sold his KC Vibe to get an Insight before he upgraded to the Duo.

I think @HiFi Guy sold his KC Vibe to get an Insight before he upgraded to the Duo.

Yeah, from what I remember he said it was a solid improvement, he really liked the Insight. I had a KC Vibe before my 20/20. It was solid, and great for the price, but I’d venture the Insights a solid step above.

Starting to seriously look at the KC Vibe. Ideally I would get the Insight but I feel like the Vibe would be more then enough. Anyone who has had both have any insight (heh) on one over the other?

(Yes I know there’s an Insight for sale here for basically the same price)
I chased this exact same dilemma around a couple years back (with plenty of chatting with Hifi when I was thinking about it) and came away with an Insight and never looked back. Ultimately the Insight is gonna take anything I can throw at it in the future and made my current set-up sound fantastic. If it’s a decision at the same price, that’s a no-brainer. When I was deciding the Vibe was even a bit cheaper.

Starting to seriously look at the KC Vibe. Ideally I would get the Insight but I feel like the Vibe would be more then enough. Anyone who has had both have any insight (heh) on one over the other?

(Yes I know there’s an Insight for sale here for basically the same price)
Insight for sure. It’s all the phono most people could ever need, and by all accounts a genuine step up from the KC Vibe.

I bought the Vibe from MD as I had 60 days to try it out. Didn’t dig it. I suspected the Insight was everything I wanted the Vibe to be, and it was. I lived with it happily for a couple of years until the bug bit with a great deal on a Duo, which I still have.

The Duo is better but no way is it nearly 4x better.

Back