Sutherland Club House

In case anyone is interested...

Solid price on that

What’s the difference between the MK1 and MK2?

What’s the difference between the MK1 and MK2?
I remember reading about it when mk2 was released. Really minimal stuff like cable connections being closer together. The in/out split made it where some single body cables couldn’t reach. I think maybe a few other things that were also mostly for small problems. Technically required a new PCB which is why it warrants an mkii marking.

Doh this is tempting…

I remember reading about it when mk2 was released. Really minimal stuff like cable connections being closer together. The in/out split made it where some single body cables couldn’t reach. I think maybe a few other things that were also mostly for small problems. Technically required a new PCB which is why it warrants an mkii marking.
I recall similarly. It was like the Mk1 had the exact same PCB on both sides where the Mk2 used a mirror image of the PCB layout to improve RCA spacing.

Edit: The Mk2 manual details the changes: https://sutherlandengineering.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Sutherland-2020_Mk2-OwnersManual.pdf

Last edited:
Does this Sutherland unit require some external power supply ? I am in the market for a new phono stage, I generally always go with what is recommended here so I’m confident this is a good option.
It comes with two power supplies, one for each board. They sell a separate linear power supply but it was by customer demand and not because Ron thinks it’s necessary.

Yes, please someone else buy this. I really don't need this being a temptation anymore.
giphy.gif

Back