Suggestion : Lock the entire Buy/Sell/PIF so you need to have either a certain time/post count.

We had someone in the Discord confess to flipping a load of RSD titles he got off VMP users. This would be a great start to mitigating ass-hats like that.

Yep.

We should also have a definitive "user review" thread.

Where all transactions can be written + recieve feedback.

So PIF users can cherry pick ACTUAL community members and eliminate as much of the scum as possible.
And regular transactions are also recorded + feedback.

Yep.

We should also have a definitive "user review" thread.

Where all transactions can be written + recieve feedback.

So PIF users can cherry pick ACTUAL community members and eliminate as much of the scum as possible.
And regular transactions are also recorded + feedback.

Yeah, we had this in the old place.

Ha, I think @Jake! started it, but people would just post there when we had successful transactions. We probably should have thought to archive it.

Transactions are already starting. This needs to be done asap to protect us :O

If only we had a kvetcha to save the day :(

For the most part, the PIF thread runs on an honor system. While I always do my best to keep a close eye on it, the occasional bad seed is bound to make its way in there. At the old place, I only had to reach out to less than a handful of people about their ratios, etc.

The old place also had an issue in general with flippers, not just in the PIF thread but through out all of B/S/T. They were also dealt with if I recall.

We did have a Truster Sellers thread which was nice, so we could do that again! I believe @Vebberim started that last time. But anyone could!

For the most part, the PIF thread runs on an honor system. While I always do my best to keep a close eye on it, the occasional bad seed is bound to make its way in there. At the old place, I only had to reach out to less than a handful of people about their ratios, etc.

The old place also had an issue in general with flippers, not just in the PIF thread but through out all of B/S/T. They were also dealt with if I recall.

We did have a Truster Sellers thread which was nice, so we could do that again! I believe @Vebberim started that last time. But anyone could!

Did you back up the old stuff?

Old stuff as in do I have everyone's exact ratios? Nope, but I never really did. It's just a matter of watching the thread. It's pretty easy to tell when somebody is just claiming a bunch of stuff and not really offering much, or whatever the case may be.

So none of what you mentioned had a google doc?

Sadly, no. For buy/sell transactions, it was a pinned post in the Marketplace.

I have an archived version of Veb's trusted seller list, but it hasn't been updated since last year and the usernames may not carry over.

Any chance VMP might still be able to forward it to us? Maybe I can ask them for it?

That thread should be fetchable with archive.org, no ?

Yeah, I grabbed it but it's 30 14 pages and you'd have to pull up each URL individually and manually collect the info, and there's no guarantee folks are using the same usernames on N&G.

Any chance VMP might still be able to forward it to us? Maybe I can ask them for it?

Unlikely. Maybe I'll make it a project this morning.

Yeah, I grabbed it but it's 30 pages and you'd have to pull up each URL individually and manually collect the info, and there's no guarantee folks are using the same usernames on N&G.

Unlikely. Maybe I'll make it a project this morning.

Id say MOST would have the same username.
And the ones who did change will most likely be happy to correct it.
I cant recall any scums so the list of potential scum who might avoid that list should be pretty small.
Atleast its a good starting point!

I will help you maintain it once you build it :) You wont be alone in this task.
Maybe @Jake! will comeback and help aswell

and FYI, I am doing the same for the international PIF.
I am keeping count of transactions, claims and items unclaimed.
to date 1 guy only came, got 2 records and disappeared.
I'd rather have the thread open to all, and trust people.
let's not start to continuously worry about cheater and conspirators...

and FYI, I am doing the same for the international PIF.
I am keeping count of transactions, claims and items unclaimed.
to date 1 guy only came, got 2 records and disappeared.
I'd rather have the thread open to all, and trust people.
let's not start to continuously worry about cheater and conspirators...

Worry? More like defensive critical thinking haha
Are you saying you wont help pool these resources to help defend the community :(
Help us panino :(

Back