Suggestion : Lock the entire Buy/Sell/PIF so you need to have either a certain time/post count.

I wouldn't get too bogged down in tracking it. It's a "Pay it Forward" thread. It's easy to find egregious abusers.

Yeah, I'm not terribly worried about PIF. It's good to have a list for other marketplace transactions, though.

I wouldn't get too bogged down in tracking it. It's a "Pay it Forward" thread. It's easy to find egregious abusers.

Some people dont check a persons history before approving something.
This list just gives them a easy click to check before accepting.

I am happy to spend the time and effort in tracking this alongside whoever else wants to help.

We had someone in the Discord confess to flipping a load of RSD titles he got off VMP users. This would be a great start to mitigating ass-hats like that.

LOL, I know it's not funny but I have to laugh at how spiteful someone can be. Not only are you doing something evil, you want to then brag about it?

and FYI, I am doing the same for the international PIF.
I am keeping count of transactions, claims and items unclaimed.
to date 1 guy only came, got 2 records and disappeared.
I'd rather have the thread open to all, and trust people.
let's not start to continuously worry about cheater and conspirators...

Yes, I'm ok with this, I think the people who come on here (even newbies) should get the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps seeing how a stranger sent them a free record might actually even warm a cold heart and cause them to indeed pay it forward. If they ghost then so be it, probably fair for the PIF'er in future to refuse when it's done several times.

I like the idea of giving everyone the same chance. It must stay open imo but we could ask every new member to accept a "period test" when she/he (@duke86fan, see, I am trying to give attention to pronounces ;) ) will have to show that she/he participates in other threads and, most of all, offer a record as a PIF before claiming a record.

I like the idea of giving everyone the same chance. It must stay open imo but we could ask every new member to accept a "period test" when she/he (@duke86fan, see, I am trying to give attention to pronounces ;) ) will have to show that she/he participates in other threads and, most of all, offer a record as a PIF before claiming a record.

Your talking about my make it invisible until you been a member for a certain amount of time or have certain amount of posts?

Alot of people will sign up entirely for PIF having even a low wall will atleast give these people a chance to know us before benefiting of us which would hopefully stop the idea of leeching somewhat.

Your talking about my make it invisible until you been a member for a certain amount of time or have certain amount of posts?

Alot of people will sign up entirely for PIF having even a low wall will atleast give these people a chance to know us before benefiting of us which would hopefully stop the idea of leeching somewhat.

Except that I just have to give a look under your avatar to see that you already posted 153 messages and make a click on your name to see how many points you have. If someone comes to one of the PIF threads but never posted any message or just a handful of them, we can kindly ask this newcomer to be more active in the forum before claiming any record.

the PIF thread has been operating for 2 years at least and what you are presenting as a scenario has never occurred.
I really don't have time for the negative scenarios, since this is not the way I think.
I believe the people planning to abuse of the PIF system is a microscopic number and we can easily manage without any observation period.
There's a clear list of recommended/expected behavior pinned at the top of each thread.
People will be kindly invited to review it prior to make any claim.

the PIF thread has been operating for 2 years at least and what you are presenting as a scenario has never occurred.
I really don't have time for the negative scenarios, since this is not the way I think.
I don't believe the people planning to abuse of the PIF system is a microscopic number and we can easily manage without any observation period.
There's a clear list of recommended/expected behavior pinned at the top of each thread.
People will be kindly invited to review it prior to make any claim.

Okay panino :)

Except that I just have to give a look under your avatar to see that you already posted 153 messages and make a click on your name to see how many points you have. If someone comes to one of the PIF threads but never posted any message or just a handful of them, we can kindly ask this newcomer to be more active in the forum before claiming any record.

Do you think the point system is an accurate showing of someone contributing to a community? never thought about it.
Maybe that could work :D

Also, as demonstrated by quite a lot of people here, a number of posts is not an indication of the "quality" or "trustworthyness" of an account.

I don’t think we need to be aggressive gatekeepers right now. PIF is fine. Setting up a verified sellers list is fine and how it was run before was fine. That was more of a helpful guideline, not a strict rule. Who we choose to interact with is up to each of us. Buyer beware.

giphy.gif

I've seen this type of suggestion or rule on other forums. My favorite solution is when the community handles it on their own. How you might ask? By adding this comment to their listing, "Only open to forum members with 200+ posts."
You can pick any number that makes you comfortable. You could also add "must be an active member for at least X months."

I've seen this type of suggestion or rule on other forums. My favorite solution is when the community handles it on their own. How you might ask? By adding this comment to their listing, "Only open to forum members with 200+ posts."
You can pick any number that makes you comfortable. You could also add "must be an active member for at least X months."

giphy.gif

Haha yeah that would be a cool way of doing it.

I don’t think we need to be aggressive gatekeepers right now. PIF is fine. Setting up a verified sellers list is fine and how it was run before was fine. That was more of a helpful guideline, not a strict rule. Who we choose to interact with is up to each of us. Buyer beware.
guys, as @mcherry says above, the PIF has survived for years without any defense against apocalyptic scenarios.
Let it be.

I guess if you are concerned, put your ratio in your sig and watch who you interact with. At the old place I never posted in the introduce yourself thread and mostly lurked. When i found and started participating in PIF no one was leery of me.

And Now I'm 5/4, so lets give some shiz away!

Go to the PIF thread!

Attachments

• a1673180911_10.jpg
    a1673180911_10.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 3
Back