Shrink wrap

I remove shrink, replace inner sleeves (Sleeve City audiophile inners), and put it all in a clear outer (Sleeve City ultimate outer 5.0)...with hype stickers, I make an attempt to remove it from the plastic, and if it comes off in one piece I stick it to the new outer sleeve. If not I toss it, unless it's a hype sticker that I feel a particular need to keep, in which case I trim the plastic around it and keep it in the sleeve. But that's pretty rare.

I never remove the shrink...always take the record out, replace the inner sleeve with a MoFi sleeve and put the album sleeve in a plastic outer sleeve. Then I store the record behind the album sleeve within the plastic outer...

This is exactly what I do too. Storing the record outside the album sleeve really does prevent ringwear and seam splits. I also like that it adds a small amount of space between covers on my shelf - it makes it easier to read the text on the outward facing side of the sleeve. Plus, it's a lot easier to pull the record out of an outer sleeve when its not stored inside the album sleeve too.

Back