Share Your Music + Upcoming Concerts

If you're in the Tucson area, I'm playing a solo show Saturday night at Borderlands Brewing from 7-10pm. It's outside on the patio, if you're worried about the environment/distancing/etc.

Come to Borderlands, see me play, then hop on over to the Hut on 4th ave to see SKITN!

Here's a shitty advertisement.

phonto (1).JPG

If you're in the Tucson area, I'm playing a solo show Saturday night at Borderlands Brewing from 7-10pm. It's outside on the patio, if you're worried about the environment/distancing/etc.

Come to Borderlands, see me play, then hop on over to the Hut on 4th ave to see SKITN!

Here's a shitty advertisement.

View attachment 102115
Have a great set!

How'd your gig go?
It went well, weren't a whole lot of people there, maybe since it was still like 110 degrees at 7pm! But, I did get to try out the digital piano I just bought and a whole lot of guitar pedals, which most people see like "why are you bringing all that stuff to a solo show?" Pretty cool to be at Borderlands after 15 months, since it was one of the last places my actual band played at before lockdown and my bass player moving to SF.

I'm playing at Monterey Court tonight as part of a songwriters show, then I need to find more gigs and reform a band!

How was your band's show?

It went well, weren't a whole lot of people there, maybe since it was still like 110 degrees at 7pm! But, I did get to try out the digital piano I just bought and a whole lot of guitar pedals, which most people see like "why are you bringing all that stuff to a solo show?" Pretty cool to be at Borderlands after 15 months, since it was one of the last places my actual band played at before lockdown and my bass player moving to SF.

I'm playing at Monterey Court tonight as part of a songwriters show, then I need to find more gigs and reform a band!

How was your band's show?
It was great, man! Hot as hell.. but had an awesome crowd and played from 10-1245!

It was great, man! Hot as hell.. but had an awesome crowd and played from 10-1245!
Glad to hear the gig went well! Though I did like 8 billion livestream shows last year, it was soooo much better to sing to actual people. I will say, my piano skills got way better from being at home so much, and it almost looks like I can actually play the damn thing! I hope you post when you have other shows scheduled; hopefully I can make it out to one. It's hard, having two kids and living in OV, but I love going downtown or over to 4th for evenings whenever I can. I think a lot of neighbors don't go south of River unless they're going to work.

So me and the bass player from our band have been doing our own material as The Movers. It started out of creative outlet necessity during Covid, but we found we really enjoy working as a duo. Less people to muck up the creative and decision processes, for better or worse. We've enlisted other musicians we know for certain songs, others we just went with what we could pull off.

We have a plethora of material from the past year, but these are the only two we have put out there, because we're doing DIY vids for each song as well...so these are the 'done' ones. These aren't the kind of songs our bandmates would likely be on board with...they are vastly different than our band's material.

Anyway...here's two, one of which we just uploaded today

No new shows (yet) but, since I have another project coming out very soon (a covers album that I recorded summer 2020), I made another lyric video for a song from my last album, Lights Out 4 Baby Grand.

This song, Year Zero, is the ugly one on the album, all death/dismemberment/violence. I heard a singer from Tucson several years ago (who shall remain nameless). He had what I call "desert guy voice," so I though "I want to do a song with Desert Guy Voice!" So I wrote this one.

I know I post in here a lot, but I was pretty busy the last year and a half completing musical projects I'd started before or during 2020.

I released this covers album last week. It's called "The World, Just for You." Recorded (mostly) during the summer of 2020, often after too many adult beverages. I kind of started this as a way to test out some Universal Audio plugins I'd just bought, and ended up with like 20 cover songs recorded, whittled down to 9 for brevity and general flow.

Tracklist:
1 Grylliade (The Prayer Chain)
2 Supervixen (Garbage)
3 The Crystal Ship (the Doors)
4 Stuck on You (Failure)
5 Self-control (Frank Ocean)
6 New Star in the Sky (Air)
7 Willow's Song (Magnet/Paul Giovanni, from the film "The Wicker Man")
8 Hang on Me (St. Vincent)
9 After the Goldrush (Neil Young)

So I have yet another music project going. It's called Cow Pow. We just released a five song EP called Stacked on Spotify and elsewhere.
But if you want to catch vibe/spirit of it, this video should help...

I made a Halloween cover. I posted it in the Covers forum, but I'll post it here too, since I'm proud of making this in like 1.5 days. Mods, please don't flag me!

Back