Sexy M.F.'ers...The Prince Fan Thread

How's the vinyl sound? I've got the CD from 2022 and am on the fence of whether it's worth picking up.

Well, it sounds great to me. But I can never tell. I will say that the cover is slightly blurry, like they just blew up the CD cover thumbnail. Still, this was only $23. I wish more vinyl was at that price.

How's the vinyl sound? I've got the CD from 2022 and am on the fence of whether it's worth picking up.
Just threw my copy on, it sounds great. Package is bare bones. Meters are showing good dynamics, quiet soundstage. On headphones and no noise issues so far 🤞. Does have a slight edge warp but clamping seems to be handling on side one. Will report back if I encounter issues on side 2.

Agree with @LordKel that the package leaves a little to be desired. Not sure I agree with his subjective statement.

Soooo…I have to go to Minneapolis next month for work and I’m FINALLY going to be making my first pilgrimage to Paisley Park!

I’m so sow sew excited. I’ll obviously be posting pics here 😎
OMG you’re going to LOVE it!! You can’t take pictures inside, they make you put your phone in a sealed bag before the tour starts.

Which tour are you doing?

Ok so it’s been a few days now since I got back from Minneapolis so it’s time to share a couple of pics I took at Paisley Park!!!

It was an incredibly emotional experience for me as it’s been a bucket list item for me for a long loooong time. Probably my oldest bucket list item now that I think about it. I may have cried a bit at the beginning of the tour when they showed a short movie about Prince’s life, his legacy, and his influence on music. I was a happy mess!!!

As was said by others in this thread previously, they don’t let you take pictures in 90% of the areas on the tour. The areas they do allow pics are awesome, however.

This was taken in one of four professional recording studios located within the estate. And was the one Prince used most often. Prince’s personal ping pong table is also in this studio and I got to play a round or two on it. Twas dope
IMG_1857.jpeg

This area was in Prince’s live concert hall in his house. It had tons of memorabilia and he used it a lot for concerts and events.
IMG_1820.jpeg

The concert hall even had a few of his personal vehicles inside it.
IMG_1834.jpegIMG_1827.jpeg

This was the nightclub Prince had inside his house. Where he would host his famed ‘after hours’ concerts and/or just show Finding Nemo at 3 in the morning. Lol I hung out here for about an hour just talking to security, watching the Prince videos they were playing, and eating cheesecake.
IMG_1849.jpegIMG_1845.jpeg

Aaaaaand this is me in front of Paisley Park. It was absolutely a dream come true for me and I may even being going back again this year to see a concert there! Neat
IMG_1862.jpeg

Ok so it’s been a few days now since I got back from Minneapolis so it’s time to share a couple of pics I took at Paisley Park!!!

It was an incredibly emotional experience for me as it’s been a bucket list item for me for a long loooong time. Probably my oldest bucket list item now that I think about it. I may have cried a bit at the beginning of the tour when they showed a short movie about Prince’s life, his legacy, and his influence on music. I was a happy mess!!!

As was said by others in this thread previously, they don’t let you take pictures in 90% of the areas on the tour. The areas they do allow pics are awesome, however.

This was taken in one of four professional recording studios located within the estate. And was the one Prince used most often. Prince’s personal ping pong table is also in this studio and I got to play a round or two on it. Twas dope
View attachment 202205

This area was in Prince’s live concert hall in his house. It had tons of memorabilia and he used it a lot for concerts and events.
View attachment 202207

The concert hall even had a few of his personal vehicles inside it.
View attachment 202208View attachment 202209

This was the nightclub Prince had inside his house. Where he would host his famed ‘after hours’ concerts and/or just show Finding Nemo at 3 in the morning. Lol I hung out here for about an hour just talking to security, watching the Prince videos they were playing, and eating cheesecake.
View attachment 202210View attachment 202211

Aaaaaand this is me in front of Paisley Park. It was absolutely a dream come true for me and I may even being going back again this year to see a concert there! Neat
View attachment 202212
FWIW, I cried at the beginning too. Such an emotional experience, full of joy, awe and sadness. One day I’ll spring for one of the enhanced tours.

FWIW, I cried at the beginning too. Such an emotional experience, full of joy, awe and sadness. One day I’ll spring for one of the enhanced tours.
It’s well WELL worth it, IMO. Especially if, like me, there’s an emotional component for you. Joy awe and sadness sums up my feelings fairly succinctly as well.

My partner, who is only a casual Prince fan, was even moved by the while tour. She designs and makes her own costumes for performances so she was particularly smitten with the clothing design aspects of Prince’s life. She spent a good deal of time going over Prince’s handwritten shoe and clothing designs and the finished products that were generally displayed beside them. It was cool to see from her perspective.

There were a couple other super fans on the tour with me. We ended up spending a good amount of time talking about unreleased albums, soundboard recordings, and what we thought the most anticipated tracks yet to be released were. It does seem, from the security team members I talked to anyway, that the Estate will be releasing a very good amount of non-commercially released tracks/albums in the coming years. One dude had worked there for the past 10 years. It was a cool convo.

Back