Rocktober 2023

The last three Talking Heads are finally getting reissued? I think this is the first post-80's pressing for them.

Curious about the mastering and cutting details... hoping for the same quality as the reissues of the first 5.
Is True Stories the film soundtrack? That was put out as a Barnes and Noble exclusive a couple years ago, and it was a translucent red pressing too.

Is True Stories the film soundtrack? That was put out as a Barnes and Noble exclusive a couple years ago, and it was a translucent red pressing too.

It was associated with a film, but the original album is this one:

I'm in for the Talking Heads reissues - it's about time those later albums were given some reissue. Although my various original pressings still sound fine.

I would think that they'd stay with KPG / CB cutting them - or someone at Sterling that just cut Stop Making Sense.

But it's Rhino - so you never know.
Yeah Joe Nino-Hernes at Sterling cut the new Stop Making Sense. Wouldn’t surprise me if he cut these if they’re remastered.

The True Stories album are the Talking Heads songs in the movie - but not always the exact tracks as they sound in the movie, as some are sung by the actors.

The other release is the complete "score/soundtrack" which is MUCH better than what was originally released, as it included more of the alternate Talking Heads tracks - like the John Goodman version of "People Like Us" that was originally only on the single releases of Wild Wild Life.

The soundtrack to the movie was released a month or 2 after the True Stories album -

20230910_132048.jpg

20230910_132038.jpg

Back