Rock, Alt-Rock, Indie Rock, Psych Rock, Shoegaze, Punk, Noise Rock, Emocore, etc.

This just popped into my feed and has some serious potential.

Seems you've already clocked some of the obvious contenders (Greet Death, Cloakroom, Nothing). The Flesh & Bone Records catalog is a great place to dig next, particularly No Sun, Pale Shade, doused, Lowfaith (now called Cherished).

oooooh this is good!!

oooooh this is good!!
Not as heavy, but also wanted to drop Dead Swords into the mix. It's a project by Alex Rosamilia (The Gaslight Anthem) that dips its toes into several stylistic influences. They've been ultra quiet as of late, last teasing some new writing/studio time in early 2020, and they'd previously mentioned trying to make a run of this on wax (for which I've been intently waiting to pounce on if it ever comes to pass).

So I've been on the lookout for some HEAVY Shoegaze of late. I did a search a few weeks ago and came across this person's spotify playlist via r/shoegaze that they keep updated. There's some good stuff in there.

And, because of that playlist I discovered the band/artist Animal Ghosts. They are basically a MBV rip-off, but it sounds original in it's own way. Highly recommend giving it a listen.

lol I came here to recommend this band (if I hadn't already) because I've been listening to them A LOT lately. So fucking good.

This album is just phenomenal.

The track "Mars" is so fucking 90s, it's crazy.

With the new Slowdive out last week, I have been revisiting the Mojave 3 and Neil Halstead solo output. I would love to see a vinyl reissue campaign for those records.
Mojave 3 came up randomly just now. (I let Apple drive after my short playlist ended) I knew nothing about them. I learned one thing though; I love it.

Bummed HOLY ESQUE's new album will be their last. Gonna be a bittersweet one. Three banging singles out now – playlist below:

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this. There’s a mystery record that someone wants help identifying. It’s not on Discogs.

There is some discussion they are already, it looks like it might be a mock up.

Back