Restocks/Represses

This begs the question:

Am I the only one that thinks Iā€™m Gonna Crawl off In Through The Outdoor is a Top 5 Zep song?! I feel like that song flies under the radar

This begs the question:

Am I the only one that thinks Iā€™m Gonna Crawl off In Through The Outdoor is a Top 5 Zep song?! I feel like that song flies under the radar

It's alright. One of the few songs on ITTOD where jimmy page showed up for a few minutes. ITTOD is a definite drop in quality material -- JPJ did the best he could, but bonzo and page were in the throes of addiction and plant was still dealing with his son's death. JPJ is incredibly well rounded, as a musician and a producer and composer, but when he's doing the heavy lifting by himself it's definitely not as interesting (although zooma was good, no one's ever heard it) as when he's bouncing off of others (see: them crooked vultures, diamanda galas, all of the LZ oeuvre). in through the out door suffers from page and plant phoning it in.

It's alright. One of the few songs on ITTOD where jimmy page showed up for a few minutes. ITTOD is a definite drop in quality material -- JPJ did the best he could, but bonzo and page were in the throes of addiction and plant was still dealing with his son's death. JPJ is incredibly well rounded, as a musician and a producer and composer, but when he's doing the heavy lifting by himself it's definitely not as interesting (although zooma was good, no one's ever heard it) as when he's bouncing off of others (see: them crooked vultures, diamanda galas, all of the LZ oeuvre). in through the out door suffers from page and plant phoning it in.
Them Crooked Vultures is a monster of an album.

If they just hadnā€™t cut All My Love shortā€¦ for the love of god cut Hot Dog, not this gorgeous ending!

"*Please note that due to the weight of the vinyl, certain turntables may skip due to the tonearm being too light. A trick for this is to add a penny (or sometimes up to a quarter) on the head of the tone arm before playing the record to prevent the skipping.*"

I'm sure a bunch of you are on our email list so I'm probably doubling up, but restocks this week were pretty crazy. Some highlights include:

Blur - 13 (painfully expensive import - but I know some folks on here were asking about it a few weeks ago)
Bleachers - MTV unplugged (RSD repress - it was going for crazy money - not sure how long this repress will last)
Karen O & Danger Mouse - Lux Prima (some stock found at a warehouse of this out of print title - likely a one-time restock)
Kiss Alive II Splatter Vinyl (Kiss webstore exclusive - small amount of stock made it to stores. It's expensive but we're probably way cheaper than the crazy discogs prices on this one)
Nirvana - Live at The Paramount on Transparent Orange Vinyl - (this is a weird one - bunch of stock was dropped in for a wide release on this a week or so ago. Looks like the only other pressing on this color was limited to 3500 and sells for boatloads on discogs. This is a wider pressing - but this is our first batch we've gotten so I don't even think there's a discogs release for it yet.)

There's so much more but I won't bore you with more text. Just hit the link here to see what all was received this week:

I'm sure a bunch of you are on our email list so I'm probably doubling up, but restocks this week were pretty crazy. Some highlights include:

Blur - 13 (painfully expensive import - but I know some folks on here were asking about it a few weeks ago)
Bleachers - MTV unplugged (RSD repress - it was going for crazy money - not sure how long this repress will last)
Karen O & Danger Mouse - Lux Prima (some stock found at a warehouse of this out of print title - likely a one-time restock)
Kiss Alive II Splatter Vinyl (Kiss webstore exclusive - small amount of stock made it to stores. It's expensive but we're probably way cheaper than the crazy discogs prices on this one)
Nirvana - Live at The Paramount on Transparent Orange Vinyl - (this is a weird one - bunch of stock was dropped in for a wide release on this a week or so ago. Looks like the only other pressing on this color was limited to 3500 and sells for boatloads on discogs. This is a wider pressing - but this is our first batch we've gotten so I don't even think there's a discogs release for it yet.)

There's so much more but I won't bore you with more text. Just hit the link here to see what all was received this week:

Appreciate the heads-up, Bob!

Thanks for the heads up!!! Ohio Soul representing ā¤ļø

Both Zooma and Thunderthief on DGM were good efforts. I got to see JPJ open up for King Crimson in NYC in maybe the late 90s (I was about 16) and he was great. Dude plays a lot of instruments. Didn't love his stuff w/ Diamanda Galas as much but I think you're right and his greatest strengths are in reinforcement and as a constituent to better an already good possibility.

wrong thread, butts thread is in the cafe
why not both??
tina-belcher-bobs-burgers.gif

Back